Hopkins County, Kentucky Records
Hopkins County Cities and Towns include Charleston, Dawson Springs, Earlington, Hanson, Madisonville, Mortons Gap, Nebo, Nortonville, St. Charles, White Plains, Manitou.
A Map of Hopkins County, Kentucky contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Hopkins County, Kentucky Courthouse Records
Hopkins County, KY Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Hopkins county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Hopkinsd County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1806, Land Records from 1807 and Probate Records from 1800 - Will/Probate Record Request Form. The County Clerk has three main responsibilities. One is the recording of Land records, Probate records and Marriage Liscenses.
- Hopkins County Clerk of the Circuit Court has Court Records from 1808. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court has countywide jurisdiction over major civil and criminal cases, divorces, and appeals from inferior courts.
- Hopkins County Tax Information and Contacts. Some early tax schedules list watercourse, value and acreage of real estate, men over age twenty-one, young men between the ages of sixteen and twenty-one, slaves, and horses.
- Hopkins County Elected Officials
Hopkins County, Kentucky Census Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1810, 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820, Census Substitutes Index, 1810-1890
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Hopkins County, Kentucky Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1911 to present
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from June 1958 to present
- Locations: Kentucky Office of Vital Statistics, Kentucky State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage or Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Office of Vital Statistics, Department for Public Health, Cabinet for Health and Family Services, 275 E. Main St., 1E-A, Frankfort, KY 40621.
Hopkins County, Kentucky Resources
- Hopkins County Genealogical Society
- Hopkins County Historical Society
- Hopkins County, Kentucky Message Boards
Hopkins County, Kentucky External Links
- Kentucky Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Hopkins County, Kentucky Books - Amazon
- Kentucky Vital Records Index
- Hopkins Co., Kentucky - FindaGrave
- Kentucky Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Hopkins County, KY History - The Kentucky Encyclopedia
- Hopkins County, Kentucky Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Kentucky (1794-1922)
- Hopkins Co. KYGenweb
- Hopkins County, Kentucky Ancestry Database Collections
- Hopkins County, Kentucky Military Records