Noble County, Indiana Records
Noble County is bordered by LaGrange County (north), Steuben County (northeast), DeKalb County (east), Allen County (southeast), Whitley County (south), Kosciusko County (southwest), Elkhart County (northwest).
Noble County Cities and Towns include Albion, Avilla, Cromwell, Kendallville, Kimmell, LaOtto, Ligonier, Rome City, Wilmot, Wolf Lake, Bear Lake.
Noble County Townships include Albion, Allen, Elkhart, Green, Jefferson, Noble, Orange, Perry, Sparta, Swan, Washington, Wayne, York. See Map of Noble County Townships.
Noble County, Indiana Courthouse Records
Noble County, IN Courthouse
The Noble County Courthouse is located in Albion, Indiana. Courthouse destroyed by Fire in 1843 and 1859, Most of clerk's records were lost. Saved: marriages from 1859, deeds and deed indexes from 1836. Learn More About State of Indiana Court, Tax, Land and Probate Records.
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Noble county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Noble County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1859, Probate Records from 1854 and Court Records from ?. The County Clerk responsiblities include administering Court Records of all Court Cases, prepares the Court's permanent historical record, performs marriage ceremonies, process marriage applications and issue marriage licenses, processes and distributes documents for court cases, and keeps a record of all wills and matters of trust in probate proceedings.
- Noble County Recorder has Land Records from 1834. The County Recorder maintains, preserves and Records Deeds, Mortgages, Assignments, Releases, Powers of Attorney, Real Estate Contracts, Annexations, Trustee Elections, Affidavits, Final Decrees, Surveys, Federal Tax Liens, Mechanics Liens, Military Discharges, Articles of Incorporation, Cemetery Deeds, Bonds, Plats, Condominiums, Firms Doing Business Under Assumed Names, Delinquent Sewer Liens, and Miscellaneous Instruments.
- Noble County Treasurer's Office is responsible for collecting taxes. The treasurer also receives distributions of local income and other taxes that are collected by the state such as real estate tax, personal property tax, mobile home tax, state assessed tax, and the following miscellaneous taxes: auto excise tax, inheritance tax, and innkeeper's tax.
- Noble County Department of Health has Birth & Death Records from 1882. The County Department of Health maintains and provides Certified Birth and Death Records.
Noble County, Indiana Census Records
- Learn More: State of Indiana Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: None
- State Population Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Noble County, Indiana Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Indiana Vital Records
- Birth Records: from October 1907 to present.
- Marriage Records: from 1958 to present.
- Death Records: from January 1900 to present.
- Divorce Records: None. See the County Clerk.
- Locations: Indiana State Department of Health, 2 North Meridian Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204; PH: (317) 233-1325
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
Noble County, Indiana Resources
- State of Indiana Archives and Societies
- RAOGK Volunteers for Indiana
- Noble County Historian, Sarah Knopp, 208 E. Main St., Albion, IN 46701, Work Phone: (260) 856-2119, email@example.com
- Kendallville Historical Society
- Ligonier Historical Society And Museum, 300 S. Main St., Ligonier, IN 46767-1812; Phone: (219) 894-7580
- Noble County Genealogical Society
- Noble County Historical Society
- Stone's Trace Historical Museum
- Noble County, Indiana Message Boards
Noble County, Indiana External Links
- Indiana Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Noble County, Indiana Books - Amazon
- Internet Archives online books for Noble County
- Noble County Newspaper Holdings at the Indiana State Library
- Noble Co., Indiana - FindaGrave
- Indiana Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Noble County, Indiana Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Indiana (1817 - 1930)
- Noble Co. INGenweb
- Noble County, Indiana Ancestry Database Collections
- Noble County, Indiana Military Records