Bulloch County, Georgia Records
Bulloch County, Georgia (Map It) was created on February 8, 1796 from Bryan County and Screven County . Portions of Bulloch County were used to create Jenkins County (1905), Candler County (1914), and Evans County (1914) . Bulloch County was named in honor of Archibald Bulloch (1729 - 77), Revolutionary War soldier, Speaker of the Georgia House of Representatives, and acting governor of Georgia (1775 - 77).
Bulloch County is bordered by Screven County (north), Effingham County (east), Bryan County, Evans County (southwest), Candler County (west), Emanuel County (northwest), Jenkins County (north-northwest).
A Map of Bulloch County, Georgia contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Bulloch County, Georgia Courthouse Records
Bulloch County, GA Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Bulloch county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- History of Baker County, Georgia Courthouse
- Bulloch County Clerk of Superior Court has Land Records from 1796 and Court Records from 1806. The County Clerk of Superior Court has jurisdiction over cases for title to land and equity, felony cases, adoptions, divorces, child support and custody enforcement. The clerk also is tasked with recording deeds and maintaining the chain of title to all property in the county. Be aware that Lands were given to Georgia citizens by lotteries for the years 1805, 1807, 1820, 1821, 1827, 1832, 1832 (Gold), 1833.
- Bulloch County Clerk of Probate Court has Marriage Records from 1796 and Probate Records from 1816.The County Clerk of Probate Court responsibilities include legal proceedings forh Wills, Estates, Guardianships of minor children, Involuntary Committals Hearings, Issuance of Marriage License, ect.. The county probate judge's office is the office where the most valuable genealogical records are created and maintained in the state of Georgia.
- Bulloch County Tax Digests are records scanned from microfilm in the Georgia Archives.
- Bulloch County Health Department can issue Birth, Marriage and Death certificates while you wait. Contact the Clerk of Superior Court for Divorce Records and the Probate Judge for Marriage Records.
Bulloch County, Georgia Census Records
- Learn More: State of Georgia Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1800 (missing), 1810, 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820, Reconstructed 1790 Census of Georgia, Georgia Census Substitutes 1790-1890
- State Population Schedules: 1864 Census for Re-Organizing the Georgia Militia
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Bulloch County, Georgia Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Georgia Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1919 to present.
- Marriage Records: from June 9, 1952 to present.
- Divorce Records: None. Contact the County Clerk of Superior Court.
- Locations: Georgia Division of Public Health, Vital Records, 2600 Skyland Drive NE, Atlanta, GA 30319; (404) 679-4702
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
Bulloch County, Georgia Resources
- Bulloch County Historical Society
- The Statesboro Regional Library
- Georgia Southern University Museum
- Bulloch County, Georgia Message Boards
Bulloch County, Georgia External Links
- Georgia Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Bulloch County, Georgia Books - Amazon
- Bulloch Co., Georgia - FindaGrave
- Georgia Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Georgia Virtual Vault - historical documents, from 1733 to the present
- Bulloch County, Georgia Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Georgia (1752 - 1997)
- Bulloch County, GA History
- Bulloch Co. GAGenweb
- Bulloch County Historical Chronology
- Bulloch County, Georgia Ancestry Database Collections
- Historical Maps of Bulloch County
- Bulloch County, Georgia Military Records