Candler County, Georgia Records
Candler County, Georgia (Map It) was created on July 14, 1914 from Bulloch County, Emanuel County, and Tattnall County. Candler County was named in honor of Allen Daniel Candler (1834 - 1910), state legislator, U.S. Congressman and the Governor of Georgia (1898 - 1902).
A Map of Candler County, Georgia contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Candler County, Georgia Courthouse Records
Candler County, GA Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Candler county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- History of Baker County, Georgia Courthouse
- Candler County Clerk of Superior Court has Land Records from 1915 and Court Records from 1915. The County Clerk of Superior Court has jurisdiction over cases for title to land and equity, felony cases, adoptions, divorces, child support and custody enforcement. The clerk also is tasked with recording deeds and maintaining the chain of title to all property in the county.
- Candler County Clerk of Probate Court has Marriage Records from 1915 and Probate Records from 1915.The County Clerk of Probate Court responsibilities include legal proceedings forh Wills, Estates, Guardianships of minor children, Involuntary Committals Hearings, Issuance of Marriage License, ect.. The county probate judge's office is the office where the most valuable genealogical records are created and maintained in the state of Georgia.
- Candler County Tax Digests are records scanned from microfilm in the Georgia Archives.
- Candler County Health Department can issue Birth, Marriage and Death certificates while you wait. Contact the Clerk of Superior Court for Divorce Records and the Probate Judge for Marriage Records.
Candler County, Georgia Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: None
- State Population Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: None
- Union Veterans Schedules: None
Candler County, Georgia Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1919 to present.
- Marriage Records: from June 9, 1952 to present.
- Divorce Records: None. Contact the County Clerk of Superior Court.
- Locations: Georgia Division of Public Health, Vital Records, 2600 Skyland Drive NE, Atlanta, GA 30319; (404) 679-4702
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
Candler County, Georgia Resources
- Candler County Historical Society, PO Box 325, Metter, GA 30439
- The Statesboro Regional Library
- Candler County, Georgia Message Boards
Candler County, Georgia External Links
- Georgia Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Candler County, Georgia Books - Amazon
- Candler Co., Georgia - FindaGrave
- Georgia Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Georgia Virtual Vault - historical documents, from 1733 to the present
- Candler County, Georgia Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Georgia (1752 - 1997)
- Candler County, GA History
- Candler Co. GAGenweb
- Candler County Historical Chronology
- Candler County, Georgia Ancestry Database Collections
- Historical Maps of Candler County
- Candler County, Georgia Military Records