Evans County, Georgia Records
Evans County, Georgia (Map It) was created on August 11, 1914 from Bulloch County and Tattnall County . Evans County was named in honor of General Clement Anselm Evans (1832 - 1911), a hero of the War between the States and the commander in chief of the United Confederate Veterans.
A Map of Evans County, Georgia contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Evans County, Georgia Courthouse Records
Evans County, GA Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Evans county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- History of Baker County, Georgia Courthouse
- Evans County Clerk of Superior Court has Land Records from 1915 and Court Records from 1915. The County Clerk of Superior Court has jurisdiction over cases for title to land and equity, felony cases, adoptions, divorces, child support and custody enforcement. The clerk also is tasked with recording deeds and maintaining the chain of title to all property in the county.
- Evans County Clerk of Probate Court has Marriage Records from 1915 and Probate Records from 1915.The County Clerk of Probate Court responsibilities include legal proceedings forh Wills, Estates, Guardianships of minor children, Involuntary Committals Hearings, Issuance of Marriage License, ect.. The county probate judge's office is the office where the most valuable genealogical records are created and maintained in the state of Georgia.
- Evans County Tax Digests are records scanned from microfilm in the Georgia Archives.
- Evans County Health Department can issue Birth, Marriage and Death certificates while you wait. Contact the Clerk of Superior Court for Divorce Records and the Probate Judge for Marriage Records.
Evans County, Georgia Census Records
- Learn More: State of Georgia Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: None
- State Population Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: None
- Union Veterans Schedules: None
Evans County, Georgia Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Georgia Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1919 to present.
- Marriage Records: from June 9, 1952 to present.
- Divorce Records: None. Contact the County Clerk of Superior Court.
- Locations: Georgia Division of Public Health, Vital Records, 2600 Skyland Drive NE, Atlanta, GA 30319; (404) 679-4702
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
Evans County, Georgia Resources
Evans County, Georgia External Links
- Georgia Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Evans County, Georgia Books - Amazon
- Evans Co., Georgia - FindaGrave
- Georgia Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Georgia Virtual Vault - historical documents, from 1733 to the present
- Evans County, Georgia Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Georgia (1752 - 1997)
- Evans County, GA History
- Evans Co. GAGenweb
- Evans County Historical Chronology
- Evans County, Georgia Ancestry Database Collections
- Historical Maps of Evans County
- Evans County, Georgia Military Records