Jenkins County, Georgia Records
Jenkins County, Georgia (Map It) was created on August 17, 1905 from Bulloch County, Burke County, Emanuel County, and Screven County. Jenkins County was named in honor of Charles Jones Jenkins (1805 - 83), governor of Georgia, who was the author of the famous Georgia Platform of 1850.
A Map of Jenkins County, Georgia contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Jenkins County, Georgia Courthouse Records
Jenkins County, GA Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Jenkins county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- History of Baker County, Georgia Courthouse
- Jenkins County Clerk of Superior Court has Land Records from 1905 and Court Records from 1905. The County Clerk of Superior Court has jurisdiction over cases for title to land and equity, felony cases, adoptions, divorces, child support and custody enforcement. The clerk also is tasked with recording deeds and maintaining the chain of title to all property in the county.
- Jenkins County Clerk of Probate Court has Marriage Records from 1905 and Probate Records from 1905.The County Clerk of Probate Court responsibilities include legal proceedings forh Wills, Estates, Guardianships of minor children, Involuntary Committals Hearings, Issuance of Marriage License, ect.. The county probate judge's office is the office where the most valuable genealogical records are created and maintained in the state of Georgia.
- Jenkins County Tax Digests are records scanned from microfilm in the Georgia Archives.
- Jenkins County Health Department can issue Birth, Marriage and Death certificates while you wait. Contact the Clerk of Superior Court for Divorce Records and the Probate Judge for Marriage Records.
Jenkins County, Georgia Census Records
- Learn More: State of Georgia Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: None
- State Population Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: None
- Union Veterans Schedules: None
Jenkins County, Georgia Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Georgia Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1919 to present.
- Marriage Records: from June 9, 1952 to present.
- Divorce Records: None. Contact the County Clerk of Superior Court.
- Locations: Georgia Division of Public Health, Vital Records, 2600 Skyland Drive NE, Atlanta, GA 30319; (404) 679-4702
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
Jenkins County, Georgia Resources
- Jenkins County Historical Society, 548 Cotton Street, Millen, GA 30442; (912) 982-5595
- Jenkins County, Georgia Message Boards
Jenkins County, Georgia External Links
- Georgia Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Jenkins County, Georgia Books - Amazon
- Jenkins Co., Georgia - FindaGrave
- Georgia Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Georgia Virtual Vault - historical documents, from 1733 to the present
- Jenkins County, Georgia Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Georgia (1752 - 1997)
- Jenkins County, GA History
- Jenkins Co. GAGenweb
- Jenkins County Historical Chronology
- Jenkins County, Georgia Ancestry Database Collections
- Historical Maps of Jenkins County
- Jenkins County, Georgia Military Records