Grand Isle County, Vermont Records
Grand Isle County Cities and Towns include Alburgh, Grand Isle, Isle La Motte, North Hero, South Hero.
The Town Maps of Grand Isle County, Vermont contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Grand Isle County, Vermont Courthouse Records
Each town clerk's office holds the original deed, vital, tax, and town meeting records. Included in town or proprietor's meeting records are such valuable sources as lists of freemen (new voters in town), annual election of officers, school records, hog or cattle marks, warnings out to those for whom the town will not assume legal responsibility, militia, and accounts of various town officials.
Even though the political division of county has little meaning in Vermont, there are some county land records, primarily for unorganized towns, and county court records located at the appropriate county office.
Town Clerks also has copies of vital records birth, marriage, civil unions, divorce and death records.
Grand Isle County Courthouse, 3677 U.S. 2, North Hero, VT 05474; (802) 372-8350, has Probate Records from 1796 to present.
- Alburg Town Clerk, P.O. Box 346, Alburg, VT 05440 ; Phone: (802)796-3468
- Grand Isle Town Clerk, PO Box 49, Grand Isle, VT 05458-0049; Phone: (802)372-8830
- Isle La Motte Town Clerk, P.O. Box 250, Isle La Motte, VT 05463 ; Phone: (802)928-3434
- North Hero Town Clerk, P. O. Box 38, North Hero, VT 05474 ; Phone: (802)372-6926
- South Hero Town Clerk, PO Box 175, South Hero, VT 05486-0175; Phone: (802)372-5552
Grand Isle County, Vermont Census Records
- Learn More: State of Vermont Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1810, 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Grand Isle County, Vermont Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Vermont Vital Records
- Birth, Marriage, Divorce and Death Records: for most recent 5 years. For records over 5 years old see the Vermont State Archives below
- Locations: Vermont Department of Health, Vermont State Archives and Records Administration (VSARA)
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Vermont Department of Health, Vital Records Section, P.O. Box 70, 108 Cherry Street, Burlington, VT 05402; (802) 863-7275
Grand Isle County, Vermont Resources
- Alburgh Historical Society, Inc. , PO Box 453, Alburg Public Library, 165 Main Street, Alburgh, VT 05440; Phone: (802) 796-4144 or (802) 796-3547
- Grand Isle Historical Society, PO Box 23, Grand Isle, VT 05458 ; Phone: (802) 372-4058
- Isle La Motte Historical Society
- North Hero Historical Society
- Grand Isle County, Vermont Message Boards
Grand Isle County, Vermont External Links
- Vermont Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Historical Newspapers from Vermont (1783–2006)
- Grand Isle County, Vermont Books - Amazon
- Inventory of the town, village and city archives of Vermont, no. 7, towns of Grand Isle County.
- Grand Isle Co., Vermont - FindaGrave
- History of Franklin and Grand Isle Counties, Vermont
- Grand Isle County, Vermont Links - Cyndi's List
- Grand Isle Co. VTGenweb
- Grand Isle County, Vermont Ancestry Database Collections
- Grand Isle County, Vermont Military Records
- Franklin, Grand Isle Counties, Vermont Business Directory, 1883
- Franklin, Grand Isle Counties, Vermont Business Directory, 1882