Wayne County, Pennsylvania Records
Wayne County is bordered by Broome County, New York (north), Delaware County, New York (northeast), Sullivan County, New York (east), Pike County (south), Monroe County (south), Lackawanna County (west), Susquehanna County (west). A Map of Wayne County, Pennsylvania contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Wayne County Townships include Berlin, Buckingham, Canaan, Cherry Ridge, Clinton, Damascus, Dreher, Dyberry, Lake, Lebanon, Lehigh, Manchester, Mount Pleasant, Oregon, Palmyra, Paupack, Preston, Salem, Scott, South Canaan, Sterling, Texas.
Wayne County Boroughs include Bethany, Hawley, Honesdale, Prompton, Starrucca, Waymart. See also Wayne County Municipalities Incorporation Dates.
MapGeeks.org has is a collection of old Pennsylvania maps.
Wayne County, Pennsylvania Courthouse Records
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Wayne county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Wayne County Recorder of Deeds has Land Records from 1798.
- Wayne County Prothonotary / Clerk of Courts has Court & Divorce Records from 1798.
- Wayne County Register of Wills/ Orphan's Court Clerk has Marriage & Probate Records from 1798 and Birth & Death Records from before Jan 1906.
- Wayne County Tax Assessor Office has tax records.
Wayne County, Pennsylvania Census Records
- Learn More: State of Pennsylvania Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1800, 1810, 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Wayne County, Pennsylvania Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Pennsylvania Vital Records
- Birth & Death Records: 1906 to present.
- Marriage Records: does not have marriage records. The marriage records should be available in the County Court House.
- Divorce Records: does not have marriage records. The marriage records should be available in the County Court House.
- Locations: Pennsylvania Office of Vital Statistics, Pennsylvania State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Division of Vital Records, 101 South Mercer Street, Central Building, Room 401, New Castle, PA 16103; PH (724) 656-3100
Wayne County, Pennsylvania Resources
- Pennsylvania Archives - Pennsylvania Historical & Museum Commission series contains records of pennsylvania, from 1664 to 1780, and includes military, marriage, tax and land records. This is a Free Database.
- Wayne County Historical Society
- Wayne County, Pennsylvania Message Boards
Wayne County, Pennsylvania External Links
- Pennsylvania Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Historical Maps of Wayne County, Pennsylvania - PA D.O.T.
- Historical Newspapers from Pennsylvania (1719 - 1997)
- Wayne County, Pennsylvania Books - Amazon
- Wayne Co., Pennsylvania - FindaGrave
- Wayne County, Pennsylvania Links - Cyndi's List
- Wayne Co. PAGenweb
- Wayne Co. Data Collections
- Wayne County, Pennsylvania Military Records