Wood County, Ohio Records
Wood County, Ohio (Map It) was created on April 1, 1820 from from the lands purchased from the Wyandot, Seneca, Delaware, Shawnee, Potawatomi, Ottawa, and Chippewa tribes as a result of the Lower Maumee Treaty of September 28, 1817.. This county was named for Eleazer D. Wood (1783 -1814), founder of Fort Meigs.
Wood County is bordered by Lucas County (north), Ottawa County (northeast), Sandusky County (east), Seneca County (southeast), Hancock County (south), Putnam County (southwest corner), Henry County (west).
A Map of Wood County, Ohio contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries. There is a collection of old Ohio maps at MapGeeks.org.
Wood County Cities and Towns include Bowling Green, Fostoria, Northwood, Perrysburg, Rossford, Bairdstown, Bloomdale, Bradner, Custar, Cygnet, Grand Rapids, Haskins, Hoytville, Jerry City, Luckey, Millbury, Milton Center, North Baltimore, Pemberville, Portage, Rising Sun, Tontogany, Wallbridge, Wayne, West Millgrove, Weston. Other communities include Dunbridge, Lemoyne, Moline, Rudolph, Stony Ridge.
Wood County Townships include Bloom, Center, Freedom, Grand Rapids, Henry, Jackson, Lake, Liberty, Middleton, Milton, Montgomery, Perry, Perrysburg, Plain, Portage, Troy, Washington, Webster, Weston.
Wood County, Ohio Courthouse Records
Wood County, OH Courthouse
The Wood County Courthouse is located in Bowling Green, Ohio. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Wood county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Wood County Clerk of Probate Court has Marriage Records from 1820 and Probate Records from 1820.
- Wood County Recorder has Land Records from 1820.
- Wood County Clerk of Court of Common Pleas has Court Records from 1823.
- The Wood County Health Department has Birth & Death Records from 1908-Present. For birth and death records prior to Dec. 20, 1908, contact the Probate Court of this county.
Wood County, Ohio Census Records
- Learn More: State of Ohio Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Wood County, Ohio Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Ohio Vital Records
- Birth Records: from 1908 to present
- Marriage Records: None. See County Probate Court.
- Death Records: from 1954 to present
- Divorce Records: None. See County Clerk of Court of Common Pleas.
- Locations: Ohio Office of Vital Statistics, Ohio Local Health Departments
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
Wood County, Ohio Resources
- State of Ohio Archives and Societies
- RAOGK Volunteers for Ohio
- Wood County Chapter, OGS
- Wood County Historical Center & Museum
- Center for Archival Collections, Bowling Green State University
- American Civil War Museum of Ohio
- Grand Rapids Historical Society
- Historic Perrysburg Inc
- Historical Society of Weston, PO Box 229, Weston, OH 43569
- North Baltimore Area Historical Society
- Pemberville-Freedom Area Historical Society, PO Box 802, Pemberville, OH 43450-0802; Phone: (419) 287-3274
- Perrysburg Area Historic Museum, Inc
- Risingsun Area Historical Society
- Wood County, Ohio Message Boards
- Wood County, Ohio Genealogy Forum
Wood County, Ohio External Links
- Historical Newspapers from Ohio (1802 - 1970)
- Wood County, Ohio Books - Amazon
- Wood Co., Ohio - FindaGrave
- Portrait and biographical record of city of Toledo and Lucas and Wood Counties, Ohio
- The first one hundred years of Bowling Green, Ohio
- Wood County, Ohio Links - Cyndi's List
- Wood Co. OHGenweb
- Wood County Genealogy Queries
- Wood County, Ohio Ancestry Database Collections
- Ohio Military Records