Traill County, North Dakota Records
Traill County, North Dakota (Map It) was created on January 12, 1875 from Grand Forks County, Burbank County, Cass County. The county was named in honor of Walter John Strickland Traill, early settler..
Traill County Cities and Towns include Buxton, Clifford, Galesburg, Grandin, Hatton, Hillsboro, Mayville, Portland, Reynolds.
Traill County Townships include Belmont, Bingham, Blanchard, Bloomfield, Bohnsack, Buxton, Caledonia, Eldorado, Elm River, Ervin, Galesburg, Garfield, Greenfield, Herberg, Hillsboro, Kelso, Lindaas, Mayville, Morgan, Norman, Norway, Roseville, Stavanger, Viking, Wold. A Map of Traill County, North Dakota contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Traill County, North Dakota Courthouse Records
Traill County, ND Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Traill county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk. Some records have been transferred to the State Archives and Historical Research Library.
- Traill County Register of Deeds / Recorder has Land Records from 1875. The County Register of Deeds / Recorder keeps a record of each patent, deed, mortgage, bill of sale and any document related to these transactions, insuring a permanent record of property ownership; Copies of divorce records.
- Traill County Clerk of Courts has Marriage Records from 1880, Probate Records from 1875 and Court Records from 1875. The County Clerk of Courts responsibilities include issuing Marriage Licenses and filing of Civil, Probate, Small Claims, Criminal Cases and Child Support Court Documents.
Traill County, North Dakota Census Records
- Learn More: State of North Dakota Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Indian Census Records: 1885-1940, Eastern Cherokee - 1908-1910
- Territorial and State Censuses: 1885, 1915, 1925
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Traill County, North Dakota Vital Records
- Learn More: State of North Dakota Vital Records
- Birth Records: from 1870 to present. The years 1870 to 1920 are incomplete.
- Marriage Records: from June 1958 to present
- Death Records: from 1893 to present. Years from 1894 to 1920 are incomplete.
- Locations: North Dakota Division of Vital Records
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate or Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: ND Department of Health, Division of Vital Records, 600 East Boulevard Avenue, Dept. 301, Bismarck, ND 58505-0200
Traill County, North Dakota Resources
- Traill County Historical Society , P. O. Box 173, Hillsboro, ND 58045-0173, 701-636-5571
- Goose River Heritage Center, Inc. , 320 1st Street NW, Mayville, ND 58257
- Hatton-Eielson Museum and Historical Association
- Traill County, North Dakota Message Boards
Traill County, North Dakota External Links
- Historical Newspapers from North Dakota (1879–1923)
- Traill County, North Dakota Books - Amazon
- Traill Co., North Dakota - FindaGrave
- Traill County, North Dakota Links - Cyndi's List
- Traill Co. NDGenweb
- Traill County, North Dakota Ancestry Database Collections
- Traill County, North Dakota Military Records