Richland County, North Dakota Records
Richland County Cities and Towns include Abercrombie, Barney, Christine, Colfax, Dwight, Fairmount, Great Bend, Hankinson, Lidgerwood, Mantador, Mooreton, Wahpeton, Walcott, Wyndmere.
Richland County Townships include Abercrombie, Antelope, Barney, Barrie, Belford, Brandenburg, Brightwood, Center, Colfax, Danton, Devillo, Dexter, Duerr, Dwight, Eagle, Elma, Fairmount, Freeman, Garborg, Grant, Greendale, Helendale, Homestead, Ibsen, LaMars, Liberty Grove, Mooreton, Moran, Nansen, Sheyenne, Summit, Viking, Walcott, Waldo, West End, Wyndmere.
A Map of Richland County, North Dakota contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Richland County, North Dakota Courthouse Records
Richland County, ND Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Richland county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk. Some records have been transferred to the State Archives and Historical Research Library.
- Richland County Register of Deeds / Recorder has Land Records from 1873. The County Register of Deeds / Recorder keeps a record of each patent, deed, mortgage, bill of sale and any document related to these transactions, insuring a permanent record of property ownership; Copies of divorce records.
- Richland County Clerk of Courts has Marriage Records from 1877, Probate Records from 1873 and Court Records from 1873. The County Clerk of Courts responsibilities include issuing Marriage Licenses and filing of Civil, Probate, Small Claims, Criminal Cases and Child Support Court Documents.
Richland County, North Dakota Census Records
- Learn More: State of North Dakota Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Indian Census Records: 1885-1940, Eastern Cherokee - 1908-1910
- Territorial and State Censuses: 1885, 1915, 1925
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Richland County, North Dakota Vital Records
- Learn More: State of North Dakota Vital Records
- Birth Records: from 1870 to present. The years 1870 to 1920 are incomplete.
- Marriage Records: from June 1958 to present
- Death Records: from 1893 to present. Years from 1894 to 1920 are incomplete.
- Locations: North Dakota Division of Vital Records
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate or Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: ND Department of Health, Division of Vital Records, 600 East Boulevard Avenue, Dept. 301, Bismarck, ND 58505-0200
Richland County, North Dakota Resources
- Richland County Historical Society, 525 1st St. S, Wahpeton, ND 58075, 701-642-4813
- Bagg Bonanza Farm Historic Preservation Society
- Fort Abercrombie State Historic Site
- Lidgerwood Community Museum, Inc., P. O. Box 36, Lidgerwood, ND 58053-0036
- Wahpeton Parks & Recreation
- Wilkin-Richland Counties Genealogy Guild, 2018 320th Street, Breckenridge, MN 56520, 218-643-2532
- Richland County, North Dakota Message Boards
Richland County, North Dakota External Links
- North Dakota Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Historical Newspapers from North Dakota (1879–1923)
- Richland County, North Dakota Books - Amazon
- Richland Co., North Dakota - FindaGrave
- Richland County, North Dakota Links - Cyndi's List
- Richland Co. NDGenweb
- Richland County, North Dakota Ancestry Database Collections
- Richland County, North Dakota Military Records