Roberts County, South Dakota Records
Roberts County is bordered by Richland County, North Dakota (north), Traverse County, Minnesota (northeast), Big Stone County, Minnesota, Grant County (south), Day County (southwest), Marshall County (west).
Roberts County Cities and Towns include Claire City, Corona, Hammer, New Effington, Ortley, Peever, Rosholt, Sisseton, Summit, Victor, White Rock, Wilmot.
Roberts County, South Dakota Courthouse Records
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Roberts county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
The state archives holds records (1908—1981).
- Roberts County Register of Deeds has Marriage Records from 1887 and Land Records from 1883?. The County Register of Deeds is the primary record-keeping and archival repository for county land records and for the recording & maintaining of records pertaining to that real estate, plats, deeds, mortgages & many miscellaneous documents. This office is the keeper of birth, death & marriage records, military discharge records, fictitious name filings, and various types of liens, including mechanic’s liens, state and federal tax liens.
- Roberts County Clerk of Court has Probate Records from 1883? and Court Records from 1883?.
Roberts County, South Dakota Census Records
- Learn More: State of South Dakota Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S., Schedules of Special Census of Indians: 1885-1940,
- State Population Schedules: 1885 Territorial Census, 1895, 1905, 1915, 1925, 1935, 1945
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Roberts County, South Dakota Vital Records
- Learn More: State of South Dakota Vital Records
- Birth, Death and Marriage Records: since July 1905, also from County Register of Deeds
- Divorce Records: since July 1905, also from County Clerk of Courts
- Locations: South Dakota Department of Health
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth, Marriage, Divorce and Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Vital Records, Dept of Health, 600 East Capitol, Pierre, SD 57501-2536; (605) 773-4961
Roberts County, South Dakota Resources
Roberts County, South Dakota External Links
- Historical Newspapers from South Dakota (1861–2002)
- Roberts County, South Dakota Books - Amazon
- Roberts Co., South Dakota - FindaGrave
- Roberts County history : South Dakota : Dakota Territory centennial.
- Roberts County, South Dakota Links - Cyndi's List
- Roberts Co. SDGenweb
- Roberts County, South Dakota Ancestry Database Collections
- Roberts County, South Dakota Military Records