Orange County, North Carolina Records
Orange County, North Carolina (Map It) was created on 1752 from Johnston County, Bladen County and Granville County. This county was named for William V, Prince of Orange (1748–1806), the last Stadtholder of the Dutch Republic.
Orange County Cities and Towns include Carrboro, ChapelHill, Hillsborough, Mebane. A Map of Orange County, North Carolina contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries. There is a collection of old Ohio maps at MapGeeks.org.
Orange County Townships include Bingham, Cedar Grove, Chapel Hill, Cheeks, Eno, Hillsborough, and Little River. View a Map of Orange County Townships.
Orange County, North Carolina Courthouse Records
Orange County, NC Courthouse
Old Orange County Courthouse
The Orange County Courthouse is located in Hillsborough, North Carolina. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Orange county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk. Also see the Orange County Records in the North Carolina State Archives. Some County Courthouse records destroyed when buried in woods to avoid capture or destruction by Cornwallis in 1781
- Orange County Register of Deeds has Birth Records from 1913, Marriage Records from 1779, Death Records from 1913 and Land Records from 1752.
- Orange County Clerk of Court has Probate Records from 1752, Court Records from 1752 and Divorce Records from call court clerk for details. Probate records include not only wills, but also loose estates records.
- Orange County Tax Assessor / Collector
- Orange Co. North Carolina County Health Department
Orange County, North Carolina Census Records
- Learn More: State of North Carolina Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1790 (incomplete), 1800 (incomplete), 1810 (incomplete), 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820, Census Substitutes Index, 1790-1890
- State Population Schedules: 1784-1787
- Native American Population Schedules: 1894-1913
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Orange County, North Carolina Vital Records
- Learn More: State of North Carolina Vital Records
- Birth Records: from October 1913 to present
- Marriage Records: from January 1962 to present
- Death Records: from January 1, 1930 to present
- Divorce Records: from January 1958 to present
- Locations: North Carolina Vital Records
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Death, Divorce and Marriage Certificate Applications.
- In Person: North Carolina Vital Records (Cooper Memorial Health Building), 225 N. McDowell St., Raleigh, NC 27603-1382; 919-733-3000
Orange County, North Carolina Resources
- The Durham-Orange Genealogical Society of North Carolina
- Orange County, North Carolina Message Boards
Orange County, North Carolina External Links
- Historical Newspapers from North Carolina (1719 - 1977)
- Orange County, North Carolina Books - Amazon
- Marriages of Orange County, North Carolina, 1779-1868
- Abstracts of wills recorded in Orange County, North Carolina, 1752-1800 : and (202 marriages not shown in the Orange County mar
- Orange Co., North Carolina - FindaGrave
- An historical address delivered in Saint Matthew's Church, Hillsboro, N.C., on Sunday, August 24, 1924
- Orange County, 1752-1952
- A historical sketch of New Hope Church, in Orange County, N.C.
- A History of Orange County, North Carolina
- North Carolina Digital Collections
- Orange County, North Carolina Links - Cyndi's List
- Orange Co. NCGenweb
- Orange County, North Carolina Ancestry Database Collections
- Orange County, North Carolina Military Records
- Chas. Emerson's North Carolina tobacco belt directory : embracing the counties of Alamance, Durham, Forsyth, Granville, Guilfo
- North Carolina City Directories