Bladen County, North Carolina Records
Bladen County Cities and Towns include Bladenboro, Butters, Clarkton, Dublin, East Arcadia, Elizabethtown, Kelly, Tar Heel, WhiteLake, White Oak. A Map of Bladen County, North Carolina contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries. There is a collection of old Ohio maps at MapGeeks.org.
Bladen County Townships include Abbotts, Bethel, Bladenboro, Brown Marsh, Carvers Creek, Central, Colly, Cypress Creek, Elizabethtown, East Arcadia, Frenches Creek, Hollow, Lake Creek, Turnbull, White Oak, and Whites Creek. View a Map of Bladen County Townships.
Bladen County, North Carolina Courthouse Records
Bladen County, NC Courthouse
The Bladen County Courthouse is located in Elizabethtown, North Carolina. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Bladen county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk. Also see the Bladen County Records in the North Carolina State Archives. The County Courthouse was destroyed in 1770, 1800 and 1893 by fire, some records were destroyed in the 1800 and 1893 fires.
- Bladen County Register of Deeds has Birth Records from 1913, Marriage Records from 1868, Death Records from 1913 and Land Records from 1784.
- Bladen County Clerk of Court has Probate Records from 1766, Court Records from 1866 and Divorce Records from call court clerk for details. Probate records include not only wills, but also loose estates records.
- Bladen County Tax Assessor / Collector
- Bladen Co. North Carolina County Health Department
Bladen County, North Carolina Census Records
- Learn More: State of North Carolina Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1790 (incomplete), 1800 (incomplete), 1810 (incomplete), 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820, Census Substitutes Index, 1790-1890
- State Population Schedules: 1784-1787
- Native American Population Schedules: 1894-1913
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Bladen County, North Carolina Vital Records
- Learn More: State of North Carolina Vital Records
- Birth Records: from October 1913 to present
- Marriage Records: from January 1962 to present
- Death Records: from January 1, 1930 to present
- Divorce Records: from January 1958 to present
- Locations: North Carolina Vital Records
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Death, Divorce and Marriage Certificate Applications.
- In Person: North Carolina Vital Records (Cooper Memorial Health Building), 225 N. McDowell St., Raleigh, NC 27603-1382; 919-733-3000
Bladen County, North Carolina Resources
- Bladen County Historical Society
- Old New Hanover Genealogical Society
- Southeastern North Carolina Genealogical Society
- Bladen County, North Carolina Message Boards
Bladen County, North Carolina External Links
- Historical Newspapers from North Carolina (1719 - 1977)
- Bladen County, North Carolina Books - Amazon
- Bladen Co., North Carolina - FindaGrave
- A History of Bladen County, North Carolina
- North Carolina Digital Collections
- Bladen County, North Carolina Links - Cyndi's List
- Bladen Co. NCGenweb
- Bladen County, North Carolina Ancestry Database Collections
- Bladen County, North Carolina Military Records
- North Carolina City Directories