Cumberland County, North Carolina Records
Cumberland County, North Carolina (Map It) was created on February 19, 1754 from Bladen County. This county was named for Prince William, Duke of Cumberland (1721–1765), a military leader and son of George II.
Cumberland County Cities and Towns include Eastover, Falcon, Fayetteville, FortBragg, Godwin, HopeMills, Linden, PopeAFB, SpringLake, Stedman, Vander, Wade. A Map of Cumberland County, North Carolina contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries. There is a collection of old Ohio maps at MapGeeks.org.
Cumberland County Townships include Beaver Dam, Black River, Carvers Creek, Cedar Creek, Cross Creek, Eastover, Gray's Creek, Manchester, Pearces Mill, Rockfish, and Seventy-First. View a Map of Cumberland County Townships.
Cumberland County, North Carolina Courthouse Records
Cumberland County, NC Courthouse
Old Cumberland County Courthouse
The Cumberland County Courthouse is located in Fayetteville, North Carolina. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Cumberland county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk. Also see the Cumberland County Records in the North Carolina State Archives.
- Cumberland County Register of Deeds has Birth Records from 1913, Marriage Records from 1800, Death Records from 1913 and Land Records from 1752.
- Cumberland County Clerk of Court has Probate Records from 1757, Court Records from 1755 and Divorce Records from call court clerk for details. Probate records include not only wills, but also loose estates records.
- Cumberland County Tax Assessor / Collector
- Cumberland Co. North Carolina County Health Department
Cumberland County, North Carolina Census Records
- Learn More: State of North Carolina Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1790 (incomplete), 1800 (incomplete), 1810 (incomplete), 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820, Census Substitutes Index, 1790-1890
- State Population Schedules: 1784-1787
- Native American Population Schedules: 1894-1913
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Cumberland County, North Carolina Vital Records
- Learn More: State of North Carolina Vital Records
- Birth Records: from October 1913 to present
- Marriage Records: from January 1962 to present
- Death Records: from January 1, 1930 to present
- Divorce Records: from January 1958 to present
- Locations: North Carolina Vital Records
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Death, Divorce and Marriage Certificate Applications.
- In Person: North Carolina Vital Records (Cooper Memorial Health Building), 225 N. McDowell St., Raleigh, NC 27603-1382; 919-733-3000
Cumberland County, North Carolina Resources
Cumberland County, North Carolina External Links
- Maine Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Historical Newspapers from North Carolina (1719 - 1977)
- Cumberland County, North Carolina Books - Amazon
- Cumberland Co., North Carolina - FindaGrave
- A History of Cumberland County, North Carolina
- North Carolina Digital Collections
- Cumberland County, North Carolina Links - Cyndi's List
- Cumberland Co. NCGenweb
- Cumberland County, North Carolina Ancestry Database Collections
- Cumberland County, North Carolina Military Records
- North Carolina City Directories