Person County, North Carolina Records
Person County Cities and Towns include Timberlake, Hurdle Mills, and Leasburg. A Map of Person County, North Carolina contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries. There is a collection of old Ohio maps at MapGeeks.org.
Person County Townships include Allensville, Bushy Fork, Cunningham, Flat River, Holloway, Mount Tirzah, Olive Hill, Roxboro, and Woodsdale (which includes Bethel Hill). View a Map of Person County Townships.
Person County, North Carolina Courthouse Records
Person County, NC Courthouse
The Person County Courthouse is located in Roxboro, North Carolina. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Person county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk. Also see the Person County Records in the North Carolina State Archives.
- Person County Register of Deeds has Birth Records from 1913, Marriage Records from 1791, Death Records from 1913 and Land Records from 1774.
- Person County Clerk of Court has Probate Records from 1792, Court Records from 1775 and Divorce Records from call court clerk for details. Probate records include not only wills, but also loose estates records.
- Person County Tax Assessor / Collector
- Person Co. North Carolina County Health Department
Person County, North Carolina Census Records
- Learn More: State of North Carolina Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1790 (incomplete), 1800 (incomplete), 1810 (incomplete), 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820, Census Substitutes Index, 1790-1890
- State Population Schedules: 1784-1787
- Native American Population Schedules: 1894-1913
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Person County, North Carolina Vital Records
- Learn More: State of North Carolina Vital Records
- Birth Records: from October 1913 to present
- Marriage Records: from January 1962 to present
- Death Records: from January 1, 1930 to present
- Divorce Records: from January 1958 to present
- Locations: North Carolina Vital Records
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Death, Divorce and Marriage Certificate Applications.
- In Person: North Carolina Vital Records (Cooper Memorial Health Building), 225 N. McDowell St., Raleigh, NC 27603-1382; 919-733-3000
Person County, North Carolina Resources
- Person County Historical Society
- Tar River Connections Genealogical Society
- Virginia-North Carolina Piedmont Genealogical Society
- Person County, North Carolina Message Boards
Person County, North Carolina External Links
- Maine Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Historical Newspapers from North Carolina (1719 - 1977)
- Person County, North Carolina Books - Amazon
- Person County, North Carolina Marriage Records, 1792-1868
- Person County, North Carolina Deed Books 1792-1825
- Person Co., North Carolina - FindaGrave
- Person County, North Carolina Compilations, 1792-1823
- A History of Person County, North Carolina
- North Carolina Digital Collections
- Person County, North Carolina Links - Cyndi's List
- Person Co. NCGenweb
- Person County, North Carolina Ancestry Database Collections
- Person County, North Carolina Military Records
- North Carolina City Directories