Nye County, Nevada Records
Nye County, Nevada (Map It) was created on February 16, 1864 from Esmeralda County. The county was named in honor of James W. Nye (1815–1876), a governor of the Nevada Territory and U.S. senator from Nevada.
Nye County is bordered by Churchill County (north), Lander County (north), Eureka County (north), White Pine County (northeast), Lincoln County (east), Clark County (east), Esmeralda County (west), Mineral County (west), Inyo County, California (south).
Nye County Cities and Towns include Amargosa Valley, Beatty, Carvers, Crystal, Currant, Duckwater, Gabbs, Hadley, Lockes, Manhattan, Mercury, Pahrump, Scotty's Junction, Sunnyside, Round Mtn., Tonopah, Yomba. A Map of Nye County, Nevada contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
MapGeeks.org has is a collection of old Nevada maps.
Nye County, Nevada Courthouse Records
Nye County, NV Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Nye county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Nye County Recorder has Birth / Death Records from 1887 and Land Records from 1864. The County Recorder is responsible for the recordation, scanning/microfilming, indexing and permanent storage of all Real Estate Transactions, Mining Claim Locations, Assessment work, Contracts, Leases, Judgments, Marriage Certificates, Fixture Filing Statements, Liens, Maps and all other Miscellaneous Documents.
- Nye County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1864. The County Clerk is responsible for the issuance of all marriage licenses in the County.
- Nye County Clerk of District Court has Probate Records from 1864 and Court Records from 1864. The County Clerk of District Court has jurisdiction over all Regular, Civil, Criminal, Probate, and Family courts.
Nye County, Nevada Census Records
- Learn More: State of Nevada Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Indian Census Records: 1885-1940
- State Population Schedules: 1875
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Nye County, Nevada Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Nevada Vital Records
- Birth & Death Records: from July 1, 1911 to the present
- Marriage & Divorce Records: None, See County Recorder and County Clerk
- Locations: Nevada Office of Vital Statistics, Nevada State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Death Certificate , Marriage and Divorce Verification Applications.
- In Person: Office of Vital Records, 4150 Technology Way, Suite 104, Carson City, NV 89706
Nye County, Nevada Resources
Nye County, Nevada External Links
- Nevada Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Historical Newspapers from Nevada (1864–1922)
- Nye County, Nevada Books - Amazon
- Nye Co., Nevada - FindaGrave
- Nye County, Nevada Links - Cyndi's List
- Nye Co. NVGenweb
- Nye County, Nevada Ancestry Database Collections
- Nye County, Nevada Military Records