Eureka County, Nevada Records
Eureka County, Nevada (Map It) was created on March 1, 1873 from Lander County. The county was named for the Greek expression Eureka, meaning I have found it!, in reference to deposits of silver found in the vicinity.
Eureka County Cities and Towns include Eureka, Emigrant Pass, Crescent Valley, Beowawe, Palisade. A Map of Eureka County, Nevada contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
MapGeeks.org has is a collection of old Nevada maps.
Eureka County, Nevada Courthouse Records
Eureka County, NV Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Eureka county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.Added part of White Pine County in 1881.
- Eureka County Recorder has Birth / Death Records from 1887 and Land Records from 1873. The County Recorder is responsible for the recordation, scanning/microfilming, indexing and permanent storage of all Real Estate Transactions, Mining Claim Locations, Assessment work, Contracts, Leases, Judgments, Marriage Certificates, Fixture Filing Statements, Liens, Maps and all other Miscellaneous Documents.
- Eureka County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1870. The County Clerk is responsible for the issuance of all marriage licenses in the County.
- Eureka County Clerk of District Court has Probate Records from 1873 and Court Records from 1873. The County Clerk of District Court has jurisdiction over all Regular, Civil, Criminal, Probate, and Family courts.
Eureka County, Nevada Census Records
- Learn More: State of Nevada Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Indian Census Records: 1885-1940
- State Population Schedules: 1875
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Eureka County, Nevada Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Nevada Vital Records
- Birth & Death Records: from July 1, 1911 to the present
- Marriage & Divorce Records: None, See County Recorder and County Clerk
- Locations: Nevada Office of Vital Statistics, Nevada State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Death Certificate , Marriage and Divorce Verification Applications.
- In Person: Office of Vital Records, 4150 Technology Way, Suite 104, Carson City, NV 89706
Eureka County, Nevada Resources
- Eureka Historical Society, P.O. Box 82, 31 S MAIN ST STE 1, Eureka, Nevada 89316; Phone: (775) 237-6006
- Eureka County, Nevada Message Boards
Eureka County, Nevada External Links
- Nevada Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Historical Newspapers from Nevada (1864–1922)
- Eureka County, Nevada Books - Amazon
- Eureka Co., Nevada - FindaGrave
- Eureka County, Nevada Links - Cyndi's List
- Eureka Co. NVGenweb
- Eureka County, Nevada Ancestry Database Collections
- Eureka County, Nevada Military Records