New Madrid County, Missouri Records
New Madrid County, Missouri (Map It) was created on October 1, 1812 as one of the five original counties. The county was named in honor of Madrid, Spain.
New Madrid County is bordered by Scott County (north), Mississippi County (northeast), Fulton County, Kentucky (east), Lake County, Tennessee (southeast), Pemiscot County (south), Dunklin County (southwest), Stoddard County (northwest).
New Madrid County Cities and Towns include Canalou, Catron, Conran, Gideon, Howardville, Kewanee, Lilbourn, Marston, Matthews, Morehouse, New Madrid, North Lilbourn, Parma, Portageville, Risco, Sikeston, Tallapoosa.
A Map of New Madrid County, Missouri contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
New Madrid County, Missouri Courthouse Records
New Madrid County, MO Courthouse
The New Madrid County Courthouse is located in New Madrid, Missouri. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in New Madrid county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- New Madrid County Recorder of Deeds has Marriage Records from 1847 and Land Records from 1805.
- New Madrid County Circuit Court Clerk / Probate Court Clerk has Probate Records from 1800 and Court & Divorce Records from 1805.
- New Madrid County Clerk of the Court has Birth & Death Records from ? .
- New Madrid County Tax Assessor Office is responsible for appraising and assessing real estate property and person property for the purpose of taxation as well as transferring ownership of real estate, and keeping real estate maps up to date.
- Local Records Inventory Database, produced by the Missouri Local Records Preservation Program, is a compilation of inventories of local government records identified as having permanent or enduring value and housed primarily in county and municipal offices, but includes some libraries, museums, and historical and genealogical societies that maintain government records. Not all Missouri offices have been inventoried.
- New Madrid County Health Department has Birth Certificates since 1920 and Death Certificates since 1980
New Madrid County, Missouri Census Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1820 (missing), 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820
- State Population Schedules: 1844-1881
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
New Madrid County, Missouri Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1910 to present
- Marriage Records: from July 1948 to present
- Divorce Records: from July 1948 to present
- Locations: Missouri Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, Bureau of Vital Records, Jefferson City, MO 65102, Telephone: 573-751-6387
New Madrid County, Missouri Resources
- RAOGK Volunteers for Missouri
- New Madrid Historical Museum
- New Madrid County, Missouri Message Boards
- New Madrid County, Missouri Genealogy Boards
New Madrid County, Missouri External Links
- Missouri Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- New Madrid County, Missouri Books - Amazon
- New Madrid Co., Missouri - FindaGrave
- Guide to New Madrid County and Municipal Records on Microfilm - Missouri State Archives
- Missouri Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- New Madrid County, Missouri Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Missouri (1808 - 1922)
- New Madrid Co. MOGenweb
- New Madrid County, Missouri Ancestry Database Collections
- New Madrid County, Missouri Military Records