Levy County, Florida Records
Levy County Cities and Towns include Bronson, Cedar Key, Chiefland, Fanning Springs, Inglis, Otter Creek, Williston, Yankeetown.
A Map of Levy County, Florida contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Levy Co. Historical Events:
- This county was the scene of early Spanish exploration and activity during the Semi-nole wars.
- Cedar Key was established as a principal point for landing American troops and supplies. Millions of feet of cedar were shipped from here and it is still a great fishing port.
- The Suwannee River flows into the Gulf of Mexico in Levy County and stories of hidden pirate gold still bring searchers to its banks.
- First cross-state railroad, the Florida, from Fernandina to Cedar Key was finished in 1860.
- Narvaez and his men passed through area in 1528.
Levy County, Florida Courthouse Records
Levy County, FL Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Levy county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Levy County Clerk of the Circuit Court / County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1854, Land Records from 1850, Probate Records from 1847 and Court Records from 1850. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court / County Clerk is custodian of all records of all predecessor courts, whether justice of the peace, city, county, probate, civil, or criminal.
- Levy County Tax Collector collects all real estate taxes including postponed and delinquent, all county revenues in addition to the research and issue tax deed applications. Our department is the holder of tax records and assessed values.
- Levy County Health Department has copies of Birth & Death certificates. Also has computer access from 1917 to present for birth records for the entire state as well as births that occurred in this county.
Levy County, Florida Census Records
- Learn More: State of Florida Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: Compiled Census and Census Substitutes Index, 1820-1890
- State Population Schedules: 1867-1945, 1885
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Levy County, Florida Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Florida Vital Records
- Birth Records: from January 1917 to present.
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from June 6, 1927 to present.
- Death Records: from January 1917 to present.
- Locations: Department of Health, Bureau of Vital Statistics, P.O. Box 210, 1217 Pearl Street (Zip 32202), Jacksonville, FL 32231-0042; PH (904) 359-6900 Ext. 1029.
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
Levy County, Florida Resources
- State of Florida Archives and Societies
- RAOGK Volunteers for Florida
- Cedar Key Historical Society
- Levy County Genealogy and History Society
- Levy County, Florida Message Boards
Levy County, Florida External Links
- Florida Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Levy County, Florida Books - Amazon
- Levy Co., Florida - FindaGrave
- Florida Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Levy County Courthouse History
- Levy County, Florida Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Florida (1823 - 1959)
- Levy Co. FLGenweb
- Levy County, Florida Ancestry Database Collections
- Levy County maps from Exploring Florida website
- Levy County, Florida Military Records