Gilchrist County, Florida Records
Gilchrist County is bordered by Columbia County (northeast), Alachua County (east), Levy County (south), Dixie County (southwest), Dixie County (west), Suwannee County (northwest), Lafayette County (northwest).
Gilchrist County Cities and Towns include Fanning Springs, Trenton, Bell.
A Map of Gilchrist County, Florida contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Gilchrist Co. Historical Events:
- William Bartram, traveler, botanist, visited region in 1774, stopping at the Seminole town of Tallahasochte on Suwannee River.
- Trenton founded in 1875.
Gilchrist County, Florida Courthouse Records
Gilchrist County, FL Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Gilchrist county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Gilchrist County Clerk of the Circuit Court / County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1926, Land Records from 1926, Probate Records from 1926 and Court Records from 1926. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court / County Clerk is custodian of all records of all predecessor courts, whether justice of the peace, city, county, probate, civil, or criminal.
- Gilchrist County Tax Collector collects all real estate taxes including postponed and delinquent, all county revenues in addition to the research and issue tax deed applications. Our department is the holder of tax records and assessed values.
- Gilchrist County Health Department has copies of Birth & Death certificates. Also has computer access from 1917 to present for birth records for the entire state as well as births that occurred in this county.
Gilchrist County, Florida Census Records
- Learn More: State of Florida Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: None
- State Population Schedules: 1867-1945
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: None
- Union Veterans Schedules: None
Gilchrist County, Florida Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Florida Vital Records
- Birth Records: from January 1917 to present.
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from June 6, 1927 to present.
- Death Records: from January 1917 to present.
- Locations: Department of Health, Bureau of Vital Statistics, P.O. Box 210, 1217 Pearl Street (Zip 32202), Jacksonville, FL 32231-0042; PH (904) 359-6900 Ext. 1029.
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
Gilchrist County, Florida Resources
- State of Florida Archives and Societies
- RAOGK Volunteers for Florida
- Gilchrist County Genealogical Society, 105 Ne 11th Avenue, Trenton 32693
- Gilchrist County, Florida Message Boards
Gilchrist County, Florida External Links
- Florida Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Gilchrist County, Florida Books - Amazon
- Gilchrist Co., Florida - FindaGrave
- Florida Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Gilchrist County Courthouse History
- Gilchrist County, Florida Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Florida (1823 - 1959)
- Gilchrist Co. FLGenweb
- Gilchrist County, Florida Ancestry Database Collections
- Gilchrist County maps from Exploring Florida website
- Gilchrist County, Florida Military Records