Citrus County, Florida Records
Citrus County Cities and Towns include Crystal River, Inverness.
A Map of Citrus County, Florida contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Citrus Co. Historical Events:
- Narvaez and DeSoto crossed this country in 1528. The Seminole War involved considerable fighting here.
- Before the Civil War Florida's largest sugar cane plantation existed here.
- Gen. Duncan L. Clinch fought battle with Seminole Indians on the Citrus County side of the Withlacoochee River, Dec. 31, 1835.
Citrus County, Florida Courthouse Records
Citrus County, FL Courthouse
Old Citrus County Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Citrus county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Citrus County Clerk of the Circuit Court / County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1887, Land Records from 1887, Probate Records from 1887 and Court Records from 1887. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court / County Clerk is custodian of all records of all predecessor courts, whether justice of the peace, city, county, probate, civil, or criminal.
- Citrus County Tax Collector collects all real estate taxes including postponed and delinquent, all county revenues in addition to the research and issue tax deed applications. Our department is the holder of tax records and assessed values.
- Citrus County Health Department has copies of Birth & Death certificates. Also has computer access from 1917 to present for birth records for the entire state as well as births that occurred in this county.
Citrus County, Florida Census Records
- Learn More: State of Florida Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: Compiled Census and Census Substitutes Index, 1820-1890
- State Population Schedules: 1867-1945, 1885
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: None
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Citrus County, Florida Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Florida Vital Records
- Birth Records: from January 1917 to present.
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from June 6, 1927 to present.
- Death Records: from January 1917 to present.
- Locations: Department of Health, Bureau of Vital Statistics, P.O. Box 210, 1217 Pearl Street (Zip 32202), Jacksonville, FL 32231-0042; PH (904) 359-6900 Ext. 1029.
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
Citrus County, Florida Resources
- State of Florida Archives and Societies
- RAOGK Volunteers for Florida
- Citrus County Historical Society
- Citrus County Genealogical Society
- Citrus County, Florida Message Boards
Citrus County, Florida External Links
- Florida Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Citrus County, Florida Books - Amazon
- Citrus Co., Florida - FindaGrave
- Florida Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Citrus County Courthouse History
- Citrus County, Florida Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Florida (1823 - 1959)
- Citrus Co. FLGenweb
- Citrus County, Florida Ancestry Database Collections
- Citrus County maps from Exploring Florida website
- Citrus County, Florida Military Records