Lowndes County, Alabama Records
Lowndes County, Alabama (Map It) was created on 20 January 1830 from parts of Butler County, Dallas County and Montgomery County. Lowndes county was named in honor of South Carolina statesman William Lowndes.
Lowndes County is bordered by Autauga County (north), Montgomery County (east), Crenshaw County (southeast), Butler County (south), Wilcox County (southwest), Dallas County (west).
Lowndes County Cities and Towns include Benton, Fort Deposit, Gordonville, Hayneville, Letohatchee, Lowndesboro, Mosses, White Hall.
A Map of Lowndes County, Alabama contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries. There is a collection of old Alabama maps at MapGeeks.org
Lowndes County, AL Courthouse
The Lowndes County Courthouse is located in Hayneville, Alabama. Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Lowndes county. The date listed for each category of record is usually the earliest registration filed.
- Lowndes County Clerk of Circuit Court has Court Records from 1830 and has Divorce Records prior to 1950.
- Lowndes County Clerk of Probate Court has Marriage Records from 1830, Probate Records from 1830 and Land Records from 1830.
Lowndes County, Alabama Census Records
- Learn More: State of Alabama Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820
- State Population Schedules: 1820-1866
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Lowndes County, Alabama Vital Records
Lowndes County Health Department has Birth Records from MAR 1881-1904, delayed birth Cert. rec. 1879-1911, Death records from 1832 .
- Learn More: State of Alabama Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1908 to present.
- Marriage Records: from August 1936 to present.
- Divorce Records: from January 1950 to present.
- Locations: Alabama Office of Vital Statistics, The RSA Tower, 201 Monroe Street, Montgomery, Alabama 36104.
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Certificate Applications.
Lowndes County, Alabama Resources
- State of Alabama Archives and Societies
- RAOGK Volunteers for Alabama
- Hayneville Public Library, 334-548-2686
- Lowndes County Historical & Genealogical Society
- Lowndes County Historical Society, 505 County Road 37, South, Hope Hull, AL 36043; 334-281-0309
- Lowndes County, Alabama Message Boards
Lowndes County, Alabama External Links
- Alabama Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Lowndes County, Alabama Books - Amazon
- Lowndes Co., Alabama - FindaGrave
- Alabama Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Lowndes Co. ALGenweb
- Alabama Newspaper Archives (1813 - 2003)
- Lowndes County, Alabama Links - Cyndi's List
- Lowndes County, Alabama Ancestry Database Collections
- Lowndes County, Alabama Military Records