Crenshaw County, Alabama Records
Crenshaw County, Alabama (Map It) was created on November 30, 1866 from parts of Butler County, Coffee County, Covington County, Pike County and Lowndes County. Crenshaw county was named in honor of a judge, Anderson Crenshaw , an early settler of Butler County.
Crenshaw County Cities and Towns include Brantley, Dozier, Glenwood, Highland Home, Honoraville, Luverne, Petrey, Rutledge.
A Map of Crenshaw County, Alabama contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries. There is a collection of old Alabama maps at MapGeeks.org
Crenshaw County, Alabama Courthouse Records
Crenshaw County, AL Courthouse
The Crenshaw County Courthouse is located in Luverne, Alabama. The County Seat was established in Rutledge in 1867. The county seat was moved to Luverne in 1893. There was a Courthouse Fire on March 04, 1897.
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Crenshaw county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Crenshaw County Clerk of Circuit Court has Court Records from 1866 and has Divorce Records prior to 1950.
- Crenshaw County Clerk of Probate Court has Marriage Records from 1867, Probate Records from 1886 and Land Records from 1876.
- Crenshaw County Revenue Commissioner's Office maintains County tax records. These records are usually arranged by legal description and are not indexed.
- Crenshaw County Health Department has Birth Records from N/A, Death records from N/A..
Crenshaw County, Alabama Census Records
- Learn More: State of Alabama Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: None
- State Population Schedules: 1820-1866
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Crenshaw County, Alabama Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Alabama Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1908 to present.
- Marriage Records: from August 1936 to present.
- Divorce Records: from January 1950 to present.
- Locations: Alabama Office of Vital Statistics, The RSA Tower, 201 Monroe Street, Montgomery, Alabama 36104.
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Certificate Applications.
Crenshaw County, Alabama Resources
- State of Alabama Archives and Societies
- RAOGK Volunteers for Alabama
- Crenshaw County Historical Society, Box 633, Luverne, AL 36049-0633, Publication: Quarterly Bulletin
- Luverne Public Library, Genealogy Room
- Crenshaw County, Alabama Message Boards
Crenshaw County, Alabama External Links
- Alabama Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Crenshaw County, Alabama Books - Amazon
- Crenshaw Co., Alabama - FindaGrave
- Alabama Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Crenshaw Co. ALGenweb
- Alabama Newspaper Archives (1813 - 2003)
- Crenshaw County, Alabama Links - Cyndi's List
- Crenshaw County, Alabama Ancestry Database Collections
- Crenshaw County, Alabama Military Records