Webster County, West Virginia Records
Webster County, West Virginia (Map It) was created on January 10, 1860 from portions of Braxton County, Nicholas County and Randolph County. The county was named in honor of Daniel Webster (1782-1852), U.S. Senator (MA) and U.S. Secretary of State.
A Map of Webster County, West Virginia contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Webster County Cities and Towns include Addison, Bergoo, Boggs, Camden-on-Gauley, Cowen, Curtin, Diana, Erbacon, Gauley Mills, Hacker Valley, Parcoal, Replete, Upperglade, Webster Springs
Webster County, West Virginia Courthouse Records
Webster County, WV Courthouse
The Webster County Courthouse is located in Webster Springs, West Virginia. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Webster county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk. Until 1863 West Virginia was part of Virginia, See Virginia State Records for Info and links for years prior to 1863.
- Webster County Clerk has Birth / Death Records from 1887, Marriage Records from 1887, Land Records from 1887 and Probate Records from 1887.
- Webster County Clerk of Circuit Court has Court Records from 1887.
Webster County, West Virginia Census Records
- Learn More: State of West Virginia Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: Virginia, Compiled Census and Census Substitutes Index, 1607-1890
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Webster County, West Virginia Vital Records
- Learn More: State of West Virginia Vital Records
- Birth & Death Records: from January 1917 to present
- Marriage Records: from 1921 to present.
- Divorce Records: from 1968 to present
- Locations: West Virginia Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Vital Registration, Division of Health, 350 Capitol St, Rm 165, Charleston, WV 25301-3701; (304) 558-2931; Info: (304) 558-2931
Webster County, West Virginia Resources
- Webster County Historical Society, Inc.
- Webster County, West Virginia Message Boards
- Webster County, West Virginia Genealogy Boards
Webster County, West Virginia External Links
- West Virginia Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Historical Newspapers from West Virginia (1808 - 1904)
- Webster County, West Virginia Books - Amazon
- Webster Co., West Virginia - FindaGrave
- Webster County Encyclopedia
- Webster County, West Virginia Links - Cyndi's List
- Webster Co. WVGenweb
- Webster County, West Virginia Ancestry Database Collections
- Webster County, West Virginia Military Records