Loudoun County, Virginia Records
Loudoun County, Virginia (Map It) was created in May 17, 1757 from Fairfax County . Loudoun county was named for John Campbell, 4th Earl of Loudoun, British Commander-in-Chief, North America during the Seven Years War .
Loudoun County is bordered by Fairfax County (east), Prince William County (southeast), Fauquier County (south), Jefferson County, West Virginia (west), Clarke County (west), Washington County, Maryland (northwest, across the Potomac River), Frederick County, Maryland (north, across the Potomac River), Montgomery County, Maryland (east, across the Potomac River).
Loudoun County Cities and Towns include Hamilton, Hillsboro, Leesburg, Lovettsville, Middleburg, Purcellville and Round Hill .
MapGeeks.org has is a collection of old Virginia maps.
Loudoun County, Virginia Courthouse Records
Loudoun County, VA Courthouse
Old Loudoun County, VA Courthouse
The Loudoun County Courthouse is located in Leesburg, Virginia. The Loudoun County Courthouse, first occupied in 1895, is the third on this site, which was designated for that use on the 1759 plat of Leesburg. On 12 Aug. 1776, the Declaration of Independence was read from the doorway of the first courthouse. The second was built of brick in the Federal style about 1811. The Marquis de Lafayette, onhis grand tour of the United States, was entereatined here on 9 Aug. 1825. President John Quincy Adams and former president James Monroe, who then lived near Leesburg, escorted him. In 1894, the Norris brothers, of Leesburg, built this courthouse, designed by William C. West, of Richmond, in the Classical style.
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH . Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The Loudoun County record dates below are from the earliest date to present time. They may include records of land, estates, taxes, vital records, divorces, naturalizations, voter registration, military discharges and court records.
- Loudoun County Clerk of Circuit Court has Marriage Records from 1757, Land Records from 1757, Court Records from 1757 and Probate Records from 1757.
- Loudoun County (VA) Treasurer
- Loudon County Assessments
- Loudoun County Health Department
- County and City Research in Virginia Guides and Indexes
Loudoun County, Virginia Census Records
- Learn More: State of Virginia Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1790 (destroyed), 1800 (destroyed), 1810, 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820
- State Population Schedules: Virginia Heads of families 1790: records of the state enumerations, 1782 to 1785
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Loudoun County, Virginia Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Virginia Vital Records
- Birth & Death Records: from January 1853 to December 1896 and since June 14, 1912 to present. The Virginia Archives has copies of surviving birth and death records for the period 1853 to 1896
- Marriage Records: from January 1853 to present. The Virginia Archives has copies of marriage records prior to 1936.
- Divorce Records: from January 1918 to present.
- Locations: Virginia Office of Vital Statistics, Virginia State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: 2001 Maywill Street, Richmond, Virginia 23230
Loudoun County, Virginia Resources
- State of Virginia Archives and Societies
- RAOGK Volunteers for Virginia
- Loudoun County Historical Society
- Thomas Balch Library , 208 West Market Street, Leesburg, VA 22075, (703) 779-1328
- Loudoun County, Virginia Message Boards
- Loudoun County, Virginia Genealogy Forum
- Loudoun County microfilmed holdings at The Library of Virginia
- Virginia Heritage - Guides to manuscript and Archival Collections in Loudoun Co. Virginia
Loudoun County, Virginia External Links
- Virginia Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Historical Newspapers from Virginia (1784 - 1922 )
- Loudoun County, Virginia Books - Amazon
- Loudoun County, Virginia Marriage Bonds, 1762-1850
- Leesburg, Virginia, Balls Bluff National Cemetery, 1861
- Virginia Marriages, 1851-1929
- Index to the Tithables of Loudoun County, Virginia, and to Slaveholders and Slaves, 1758-1786
- Abstracts of Wills, Inventories, and Administration Accounts of Loudoun County, Virginia, 1757-1800
- Using County and City Court Records in the Archives at the Library of Virginia
- Virginia County Records, Volume , VI, VII , IX, X The records in these series were compiled as part of a series known as the Virginia County Records . The volume includes wills, land grants, and marriage bonds as well as other miscellaneous information on early Virginia settlers.
- Loudoun Co., Virginia - FindaGrave
- History of Loudoun County, VA
- Legends of Loudoun : an account of the history and homes of a border county of Virginia's Northern Neck
- History and comprehensive description of Loudoun County, Virginia
- Loudoun County, Virginia Links - Cyndi's List
- Loudoun Co. VAGenweb
- Loudoun County, Virginia Ancestry Database Collections
- Virginia Revolutionary War Units
- History of the Independent Loudoun Virginia Rangers : U.S. Vol. Cav. (scouts) 1862-65
- Loudoun County, Virginia Military Records