Alexander County, North Carolina Records
Alexander County, North Carolina (Map It) was created on January 15, 1847 from Idrell County, Wilkes County and Caldwell County. This county was named for William J. Alexander, member of the legislature and Speaker of the North Carolina House of Commons.
Alexander County Cities and Towns include Bethlehem, Stony Point. A Map of Alexander County, North Carolina contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries. There is a collection of old Ohio maps at MapGeeks.org.
Alexander County Townships include Ellendale, Gwaltneys, Little River, Millers, Sharpes, Sugar Loaf, Taylorsville, and Wittenburg. View a Map of Alexander County Townships.
Alexander County, North Carolina Courthouse Records
Alexander County, NC Courthouse
The Alexander County Courthouse is located in Taylorsville, North Carolina. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Alexander county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk. Also see the Alexander County Records in the North Carolina State Archives. There was a Record Loss in 1865.
- Alexander County Register of Deeds has Birth Records from 1913, Marriage Records from 1867, Death Records from 1833 and Land Records from 1913.
- Alexander County Clerk of Court has Probate Records from 1847, Court Records from 1853 and Divorce Records from call court clerk for details. Probate records include not only wills, but also loose estates records.
- Alexander County Tax Assessor / Collector
- Alexander Co. North Carolina County Health Department
Alexander County, North Carolina Census Records
- Learn More: State of North Carolina Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: Census Substitutes Index, 1790-1890
- State Population Schedules: None
- Native American Population Schedules: 1894-1913
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Alexander County, North Carolina Vital Records
- Learn More: State of North Carolina Vital Records
- Birth Records: from October 1913 to present
- Marriage Records: from January 1962 to present
- Death Records: from January 1, 1930 to present
- Divorce Records: from January 1958 to present
- Locations: North Carolina Vital Records
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Death, Divorce and Marriage Certificate Applications.
- In Person: North Carolina Vital Records (Cooper Memorial Health Building), 225 N. McDowell St., Raleigh, NC 27603-1382; 919-733-3000
Alexander County, North Carolina Resources
- Alexander County Genealogical Society, Inc., P.O. Box 545, Hiddenite, NC 28636
- Alexander County Ancestry Association, P.O. Box 241, Hiddenite, NC 28636-0241
- Alexander County, North Carolina Message Boards
Alexander County, North Carolina External Links
- Historical Newspapers from North Carolina (1719 - 1977)
- Alexander County, North Carolina Books - Amazon
- Alexander Co., North Carolina - FindaGrave
- A History of Alexander County, North Carolina
- North Carolina Digital Collections
- Alexander County, North Carolina Links - Cyndi's List
- Alexander Co. NCGenweb
- Alexander County, North Carolina Ancestry Database Collections
- Alexander County, North Carolina Military Records
- North Carolina City Directories