Shannon County, Missouri Records
Shannon County Cities and Towns include Akers, Alley Spring, Birch Tree, Eminence, Ink, Midridge, Montier, Summersville, Teresita, Winona.
A Map of Shannon County, Missouri contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Shannon County, Missouri Courthouse Records
Shannon County, MO Courthouse
The Shannon County Courthouse is located in Eminence, Missouri. Courthouse was burned by Federal soldiers in 1863 destroying this early courthouse along with all county records; , Fire destroyed the Courthouse December 31, 1871; An arsonist set fire to the courthouse and both clerks' offices in March of 1895. The courthouse was not seriously damaged, although all county records were destroyed; On May 23, 1938, fire destroyed the courthouse. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Shannon county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Shannon County Recorder of Deeds has Marriage Records from 1881 and Land Records from 1859.
- Shannon County Circuit Court Clerk / Probate Court Clerk has Probate Records from 1869 and Court & Divorce Records from 1872.
- Shannon County Clerk of the Court has Birth & Death Records from ?.
- Shannon County Tax Assessor Office is responsible for appraising and assessing real estate property and person property for the purpose of taxation as well as transferring ownership of real estate, and keeping real estate maps up to date.
- Local Records Inventory Database, produced by the Missouri Local Records Preservation Program, is a compilation of inventories of local government records identified as having permanent or enduring value and housed primarily in county and municipal offices, but includes some libraries, museums, and historical and genealogical societies that maintain government records. Not all Missouri offices have been inventoried.
- Shannon County Health Department has Birth Certificates since 1920 and Death Certificates since 1980
Shannon County, Missouri Census Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820
- State Population Schedules: 1844-1881
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Shannon County, Missouri Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1910 to present
- Marriage Records: from July 1948 to present
- Divorce Records: from July 1948 to present
- Locations: Missouri Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, Bureau of Vital Records, Jefferson City, MO 65102, Telephone: 573-751-6387
Shannon County, Missouri Resources
- RAOGK Volunteers for Missouri
- Winona Historical and Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 335, Winona, MO 65588; Phone: (573) 325-4728
- South Central Missouri Genealogical Society, 9 Court Square, West Plains, MO 65775
- Ozarks Genealogical Society
- Shannon County, Missouri Message Boards
- Shannon County, Missouri Genealogy Boards
Shannon County, Missouri External Links
- Missouri Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Shannon County, Missouri Books - Amazon
- Shannon Co., Missouri - FindaGrave
- Guide to Shannon County and Municipal Records on Microfilm - Missouri State Archives
- Missouri Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Shannon County, Missouri Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Missouri (1808 - 1922)
- Shannon Co. MOGenweb
- Shannon County, Missouri Ancestry Database Collections
- Shannon County, Missouri Military Records