Ripley County, Missouri Records
Ripley County Cities and Towns include Briar, Doniphan, Fairdealing, Gatewood, Naylor, Oxly, Pine, Poynor.
A Map of Ripley County, Missouri contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Ripley County, Missouri Courthouse Records
Ripley County, MO Courthouse
The Ripley County Courthouse is located in Doniphan, Missouri. The courthouse burned during the Civil War and again January 1, 1898, some records were destroyed. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Ripley county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Ripley County Recorder of Deeds has Marriage Records from 1833 and Land Records from 1833.
- Ripley County Circuit Court Clerk / Probate Court Clerk has Probate Records from 1856 and Court & Divorce Records from 1867.
- Ripley County Clerk of the Court has Birth & Death Records from 1883–97.
- Ripley County Tax Assessor Office is responsible for appraising and assessing real estate property and person property for the purpose of taxation as well as transferring ownership of real estate, and keeping real estate maps up to date.
- Local Records Inventory Database, produced by the Missouri Local Records Preservation Program, is a compilation of inventories of local government records identified as having permanent or enduring value and housed primarily in county and municipal offices, but includes some libraries, museums, and historical and genealogical societies that maintain government records. Not all Missouri offices have been inventoried.
- Ripley County Health Department has Birth Certificates since 1920 and Death Certificates since 1980
Ripley County, Missouri Census Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820
- State Population Schedules: 1844-1881
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Ripley County, Missouri Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1910 to present
- Marriage Records: from July 1948 to present
- Divorce Records: from July 1948 to present
- Locations: Missouri Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, Bureau of Vital Records, Jefferson City, MO 65102, Telephone: 573-751-6387
Ripley County, Missouri Resources
- RAOGK Volunteers for Missouri
- Ripley County Historical Society, 101 Washington Street , Doniphan, MO 63935; Ph: (573) 996-5298
- Ripley County, Missouri Message Boards
- Ripley County, Missouri Genealogy Boards
Ripley County, Missouri External Links
- Missouri Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Ripley County, Missouri Books - Amazon
- Ripley Co., Missouri - FindaGrave
- Ripley County History
- Guide to Ripley County and Municipal Records on Microfilm - Missouri State Archives
- Missouri Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Ripley County, Missouri Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Missouri (1808 - 1922)
- Ripley Co. MOGenweb
- Ripley County, Missouri Ancestry Database Collections
- Ripley County, Missouri Military Records