Ozark County, Missouri Records
Ozark County, Missouri (Map It) was created on January 29, 1841 from Taney County. The county was named for the Ozark Mountains – Ozark is the anglicized form of the French "aux arcs", an abbreviation of "Aux Arkansas", which means in the county of Arkansas.
Ozark County is bordered by Douglas County (north), Howell County (east), Fulton County, Arkansas (southeast), Baxter County, Arkansas (south), Marion County, Arkansas (southwest), Taney County (west).
Ozark County Cities and Towns include Almartha, Bakersfield, Brixey, Dora, Dugginsville, Elijah, Foil, Gainesville, Hammond, Hardenville, Howards Ridge, Isabella, Longrun, Lutie, Mammoth, Noble, Nottinghill, Ocie, Pontiac, Rockbridge, Romance, Souder, Sundown, Sycamore, Tecumseh, Theodosia, Thornfield, Trail, Udall, Wasola, Willhoit, Zanoni.
A Map of Ozark County, Missouri contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Ozark County, Missouri Courthouse Records
Ozark County, MO Courthouse
The Ozark County Courthouse is located in Gainesville, Missouri. Courthouse destroyed by fire in 1858 or 1859, all early records were destroyed. 2nd Courthouse destroyed by fire sometime before February 1864., some records were lost. 3rd Courthouse destroyed by fire November 28, 1934. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Ozark county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Ozark County Recorder of Deeds has Marriage Records from 1858 and Land Records from 1858.
- Ozark County Circuit Court Clerk / Probate Court Clerk has Probate Records from 1865 and Court & Divorce Records from 1858.
- Ozark County Clerk of the Court has Birth & Death Records from 1884–90 .
- Ozark County Tax Assessor Office is responsible for appraising and assessing real estate property and person property for the purpose of taxation as well as transferring ownership of real estate, and keeping real estate maps up to date.
- Local Records Inventory Database, produced by the Missouri Local Records Preservation Program, is a compilation of inventories of local government records identified as having permanent or enduring value and housed primarily in county and municipal offices, but includes some libraries, museums, and historical and genealogical societies that maintain government records. Not all Missouri offices have been inventoried.
- Ozark County Health Department has Birth Certificates since 1920 and Death Certificates since 1980
Ozark County, Missouri Census Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820
- State Population Schedules: 1844-1881
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Ozark County, Missouri Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1910 to present
- Marriage Records: from July 1948 to present
- Divorce Records: from July 1948 to present
- Locations: Missouri Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, Bureau of Vital Records, Jefferson City, MO 65102, Telephone: 573-751-6387
Ozark County, Missouri Resources
- RAOGK Volunteers for Missouri
- Ozark County Genealogical and Historical Society
- Ozarks Genealogical Society
- White River Valley Historical Society
- South Central Missouri Genealogical Society, 9 Court Square, West Plains, MO 65775
- Ozark County, Missouri Message Boards
- Ozark County, Missouri Genealogy Boards
Ozark County, Missouri External Links
- Missouri Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Ozark County, Missouri Books - Amazon
- Ozark Co., Missouri - FindaGrave
- Ozark County Historical Marker (watersheds.org)
- Guide to Ozark County and Municipal Records on Microfilm - Missouri State Archives
- Missouri Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Ozark County, Missouri Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Missouri (1808 - 1922)
- Ozark Co. MOGenweb
- Ozark County, Missouri Ancestry Database Collections
- Ozark County, Missouri Military Records