Osceola County, Michigan Records
Osceola County Cities, Towns & Villages include Evart, Reed City, Hersey, Le Roy, Marion, Tustin.
Osceola County Townships include Burdell, Cedar, Evart, Hartwick, Hersey, Highland, Le Roy, Lincoln, Marion, Middle Branch, Orient, Osceola, Richmond, Rose Lake, Sherman, Sylvan.
A Map of Osceola County, Michigan contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Osceola County, Michigan Courthouse Records
Osceola County, MI Courthouse
The Osceola County Courthouse is located in Reed City, Michigan. Some early records prior to organization on March 17, 1869 may be located in Mason County, Newaygo County and Mecosta County. Learn More About State of Michigan Court, Tax, Land and Probate Records.
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Osceola county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Osceola County Clerk has Births & Deaths from 1869 and Marriage Records from 1869. The County Clerk is responsible for keeping records of births, deaths, assumed names, co-partnerships, issuing and filing marriage licenses, gun permits, notary bonds and processing passports. The date listed for each category of record is the earliest record known to exist in that county. It does not indicate that there are numerous records for that year and certainly does not indicate that all such events that year were actually registered. See also Osceola County Clerk Information for Genealogists
- Osceola County Register of Deeds has Land from 1853.The County Register of Deeds is the official recording officer for all legal documents pertaining to the transfers and encumbrances of all real estate property within the County. The Register also provides permanent storage for approved original subdivision plats, condominiums, land surveys and section corners.
- Osceola County Clerk of the Probate Court has Probate from 1870. The County Clerk of the Probate Court responsibilities include adjudicating and disposes of cases involving property of persons who have died or become incompetent, interprets wills and trusts, commits the mentally ill when necessary and appoints guardians and conservators for minors, incapacitated individuals and individuals with developmental disability.
- Osceola County Clerk of the Circuit Court has Court from 1870. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court provides a variety of functions for the court such as, but not limited to: filing and maintaing the official record for all cases that come before the court; providing staff to assist in the operation of the court; working with the Jury Commission and notifying all potential jurors to appear for jury duty; and, processing felony criminal cases bound over from the District Court.
Osceola County, Michigan Census Records
- Learn More: State of Michigan Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: Census Substitutes Index, 1827-1870
- State Population Schedules: 1845, 1854, 1864, 1874, 1884 and 1894
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Osceola County, Michigan Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Michigan Vital Records
- Birth, Marriage and Death Records: from 1867 to present. Some of the records, especially pre-1906 births, pre-1897 deaths and pre-1926, were not filed with the state
- Divorce Records: from 1897. See County Clerk for ealier records.
- Locations: Michigan Office of Vital Statistics, 201 Townsend Street Capitol View Building 3rd Floor Lansing MI 48913; (517) 335-8666
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
Osceola County, Michigan Resources
- State of Michigan Archives and Societies
- RAOGK Volunteers for Michigan
- Osceola County Genealogical Society
- Evart Area Historical Society, P.O. Box 396, Evart, Michigan 49631
- LeRoy Area Historical Society, 17640 200th Ave, LeRoy, Michigan 49655
- Marion Area Historical Society, P.O. Box 276, Marion, Michigan 49665
- Osceola County Michigan Message Boards
- Osceola County, Michigan Genealogy Boards
Osceola County, Michigan External Links
- Michigan Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Osceola County, Michigan Books - Amazon
- Osceola Co., Michigan - FindaGrave
- Michigan Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Osceola County, Michigan Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Michigan (1837 - 1995)
- Osceola Co. MIGenweb
- Osceola County, Michigan Ancestry Database Collections
- Osceola County, Michigan Military Records