Knox County, Kentucky Records
Knox County Cities and Towns include Barbourville, Corbin, North Corbin.
A Map of Knox County, Kentucky contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Knox County, Kentucky Courthouse Records
Knox County, KY Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Knox county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Knox County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1800, Land Records from 1800 and Probate Records from 1803 - Will/Probate Record Request Form. The County Clerk has three main responsibilities. One is the recording of Land records, Probate records and Marriage Liscenses.
- Knox County Clerk of the Circuit Court has Court Records from 1800. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court has countywide jurisdiction over major civil and criminal cases, divorces, and appeals from inferior courts.
- Knox County Tax Information and Contacts. Some early tax schedules list watercourse, value and acreage of real estate, men over age twenty-one, young men between the ages of sixteen and twenty-one, slaves, and horses.
- Knox County Elected Officials
Knox County, Kentucky Census Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1800 (missing), 1810, 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820, Census Substitutes Index, 1810-1890
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Knox County, Kentucky Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1911 to present
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from June 1958 to present
- Locations: Kentucky Office of Vital Statistics, Kentucky State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage or Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Office of Vital Statistics, Department for Public Health, Cabinet for Health and Family Services, 275 E. Main St., 1E-A, Frankfort, KY 40621.
Knox County, Kentucky Resources
- Knox County Historical Society, Inc., P.O. Box 528, Barbourville, KY 40906
- Knox County Genealogical Society, 2603 Aintree Way, Louisville KY 40220
- Knox County Historical Museum, P.O. Box 1446, Barbourville Municipal Building, 196 Daniel Boone Drive, Barbourville KY 40906; 606-546-4300
- Corbin Genealogical Society
- Knox County, Kentucky Message Boards
Knox County, Kentucky External Links
- Kentucky Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Knox County, Kentucky Books - Amazon
- Kentucky Vital Records Index
- Knox Co., Kentucky - FindaGrave
- Kentucky Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Knox County, KY History - The Kentucky Encyclopedia
- Knox County, Kentucky Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Kentucky (1794-1922)
- Knox Co. KYGenweb
- Knox County, Kentucky Ancestry Database Collections
- Knox County, Kentucky Military Records