Bell County, Kentucky Records
Bell County is bordered by Clay County (north), Leslie County (northeast), Harlan County (east), Lee County, Virginia (southeast), Claiborne County, Tennessee (south), Whitley County (southwest), Knox County (northwest).
Bell County Cities and Towns include Middlesborough, and Pineville.
A Map of Bell County, Kentucky contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Bell County, Kentucky Courthouse Records
Bell County, KY Courthouse
The Bell County Courthouse is located in Pineville, Kentucky. Records were lost in fires in 1914 and 1918. Also records were damaged with some loss in a flood in 1976. Learn More About State of Kentucky Court, Tax, Land and Probate Records.
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Bell county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Belld County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1867, Land Records from 1867 and Probate Records from 1869 - Will/Probate Record Request Form. The County Clerk has three main responsibilities. One is the recording of Land records, Probate records and Marriage Liscenses.
- Bell County Clerk of the Circuit Court has Court Records from 1867. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court has countywide jurisdiction over major civil and criminal cases, divorces, and appeals from inferior courts.
- Bell County Tax Information and Contacts. Some early tax schedules list watercourse, value and acreage of real estate, men over age twenty-one, young men between the ages of sixteen and twenty-one, slaves, and horses.
- Bell County Elected Officials
Bell County, Kentucky Census Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: Census Substitutes Index, 1810-1890
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Bell County, Kentucky Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1911 to present
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from June 1958 to present
- Locations: Kentucky Office of Vital Statistics, Kentucky State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage or Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Office of Vital Statistics, Department for Public Health, Cabinet for Health and Family Services, 275 E. Main St., 1E-A, Frankfort, KY 40621.
Bell County, Kentucky Resources
Bell County, Kentucky External Links
- Kentucky Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Bell County, Kentucky Books - Amazon
- Kentucky Vital Records Index
- Bell Co., Kentucky - FindaGrave
- Kentucky Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Bell County, KY History - The Kentucky Encyclopedia
- Bell County, Kentucky Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Kentucky (1794-1922)
- Bell Co. KYGenweb
- Bell County, Kentucky Ancestry Database Collections
- Bell County, Kentucky Military Records