Dubois County, Indiana Records
Dubois County is bordered by Martin County (north), Orange County (northeast), Crawford County (east), Perry County (southeast), Spencer County (south), Warrick County (southwest), Pike County (west), Daviess County (northwest).
Dubois County Cities and Towns include Birdseye, Ferdinand , Holland, Huntingburg, Jasper.
Dubois County Townships include Bainbridge, Boone, Cass, Columbia, Ferdinand, Hall, Harbison, Jackson, Jefferson, Madison, Marion, Patoka. See Map of Dubois County Townships.
MapGeeks.org has is a collection of old Indiana maps.
Dubois County, Indiana Courthouse Records
Dubois County, IN Courthouse
The Dubois County Courthouse is located in Jasper, Indiana. Courthouse destroyed by Fire in Aug. 1839, All records destroyed, except the WPA found 10 boxes of deeds from 1812. Learn More About State of Indiana Court, Tax, Land and Probate Records.
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Dubois county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Dubois County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1839, Probate Records from 1840 and Court Records from 1840. The County Clerk responsiblities include administering Court Records of all Court Cases, prepares the Court's permanent historical record, performs marriage ceremonies, process marriage applications and issue marriage licenses, processes and distributes documents for court cases, and keeps a record of all wills and matters of trust in probate proceedings.
- Dubois County Recorder has Land Records from 1839. The County Recorder maintains, preserves and Records Deeds, Mortgages, Assignments, Releases, Powers of Attorney, Real Estate Contracts, Annexations, Trustee Elections, Affidavits, Final Decrees, Surveys, Federal Tax Liens, Mechanics Liens, Military Discharges, Articles of Incorporation, Cemetery Deeds, Bonds, Plats, Condominiums, Firms Doing Business Under Assumed Names, Delinquent Sewer Liens, and Miscellaneous Instruments.
- Dubois County Treasurer's Office is responsible for collecting taxes. The treasurer also receives distributions of local income and other taxes that are collected by the state such as real estate tax, personal property tax, mobile home tax, state assessed tax, and the following miscellaneous taxes: auto excise tax, inheritance tax, and innkeeper's tax.
- Dubois County Department of Health has Birth & Death Records from 1882. The County Department of Health maintains and provides Certified Birth and Death Records.
Dubois County, Indiana Census Records
- Learn More: State of Indiana Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820
- State Population Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Dubois County, Indiana Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Indiana Vital Records
- Birth Records: from October 1907 to present.
- Marriage Records: from 1958 to present.
- Death Records: from January 1900 to present.
- Divorce Records: None. See the County Clerk.
- Locations: Indiana State Department of Health, 2 North Meridian Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204; PH: (317) 233-1325
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
Dubois County, Indiana Resources
- State of Indiana Archives and Societies
- RAOGK Volunteers for Indiana
- Dubois County Historian, Arthur C. Nordhoff, 710 Main St., Jasper, IN 47546-3041; Work Phone: (812) 482-1010
- Dubois County Genealogical Society
- Dubois County Historical Society, 1563 Gregory Lane, Jasper, IN 47546-9114; Phone: (812) 482-2847
- Dubois County Museum
- Ireland Historical Society
- Ferdinand Historical Society Inc
- Dubois County, Indiana Message Boards
Dubois County, Indiana External Links
- Indiana Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Dubois County, Indiana Books - Amazon
- Internet Archives online books for Dubois County
- Dubois County Newspaper Holdings at the Indiana State Library
- Dubois Co., Indiana - FindaGrave
- Indiana Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Dubois County, Indiana Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Indiana (1817 - 1930)
- Dubois Co. INGenweb
- Dubois County, Indiana Ancestry Database Collections
- Dubois County, Indiana Military Records