Liberty County, Florida Records
Liberty County is bordered by Gadsden County (northeast), Wakulla County (east), Leon County (east), Franklin County (south), Gulf County (southwest), Calhoun County (west), Jackson County (northwest).
Liberty County Cities and Towns include Bristol.
A Map of Liberty County, Florida contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Liberty Co. Historical Events:
- This section filled up with fugitive negro slaves from Georgia and Florida.
- Their fort on the Apalachicola was destroyed in 1816 and the country cleared of them.
- The white Population did not begin to increase greatly until after 1890.
Liberty County, Florida Courthouse Records
Liberty County, FL Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Liberty county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Liberty County Clerk of the Circuit Court / County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1857, Land Records from 1857, Probate Records from 1859 and Court Records from 1884. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court / County Clerk is custodian of all records of all predecessor courts, whether justice of the peace, city, county, probate, civil, or criminal.
- Liberty County Tax Collector collects all real estate taxes including postponed and delinquent, all county revenues in addition to the research and issue tax deed applications. Our department is the holder of tax records and assessed values.
- Liberty County Health Department has copies of Birth & Death certificates. Also has computer access from 1917 to present for birth records for the entire state as well as births that occurred in this county.
Liberty County, Florida Census Records
- Learn More: State of Florida Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: Compiled Census and Census Substitutes Index, 1820-1890
- State Population Schedules: 1867-1945, 1885
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Liberty County, Florida Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Florida Vital Records
- Birth Records: from January 1917 to present.
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from June 6, 1927 to present.
- Death Records: from January 1917 to present.
- Locations: Department of Health, Bureau of Vital Statistics, P.O. Box 210, 1217 Pearl Street (Zip 32202), Jacksonville, FL 32231-0042; PH (904) 359-6900 Ext. 1029.
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
Liberty County, Florida Resources
- State of Florida Archives and Societies
- RAOGK Volunteers for Florida
- Liberty County, Florida Message Boards
Liberty County, Florida External Links
- Florida Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Liberty County, Florida Books - Amazon
- Liberty Co., Florida - FindaGrave
- Florida Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Liberty County Courthouse History
- Liberty County, Florida Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Florida (1823 - 1959)
- Liberty Co. FLGenweb
- Liberty County, Florida Ancestry Database Collections
- Liberty County maps from Exploring Florida website
- Liberty County, Florida Military Records