Hale County, Alabama Records
Hale County, Alabama (Map It) was created on January 30, 1867 from Greene County, Marengo County, Perry County, and Tuscaloosa County. Hale county was named in honor of Stephen Fowler Hale (1816–1862), lieutenant colonel in Confederate States Army killed at Gaines' Mill, Virginia.
Hale County Cities and Towns include Boligee, Crawford Fork, Eutaw, Forkland, Union.
A Map of Hale County, Alabama contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries. There is a collection of old Alabama maps at MapGeeks.org
Hale County, Alabama Courthouse Records
Hale County, AL Courthouse
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Hale county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Hale County Clerk of Circuit Court has Court Records from 1867 and has Divorce Records prior to 1950.
- Hale County Clerk of Probate Court has Marriage Records from 1867, Probate Records from 1867 and Land Records from 1867.
- Hale County Revenue Commissioner's Office maintains County tax records. These records are usually arranged by legal description and are not indexed.
- Hale County Health Department has Birth Records from JUN 1881- 1896 , Death records from 1881.
Hale County, Alabama Census Records
- Learn More: State of Alabama Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: None
- State Population Schedules: 1820-1866
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Hale County, Alabama Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Alabama Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1908 to present.
- Marriage Records: from August 1936 to present.
- Divorce Records: from January 1950 to present.
- Locations: Alabama Office of Vital Statistics, The RSA Tower, 201 Monroe Street, Montgomery, Alabama 36104.
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Certificate Applications.
Hale County, Alabama Resources
- State of Alabama Archives and Societies
- RAOGK Volunteers for Alabama
- Hale County Historical Society
- Hale County, Alabama Message Boards
Hale County, Alabama External Links
- Alabama Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Hale County, Alabama Books - Amazon
- Hale Co., Alabama - FindaGrave
- Alabama Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Hale Co. ALGenweb
- Alabama Newspaper Archives (1813 - 2003)
- Hale County, Alabama Links - Cyndi's List
- Hale County, Alabama Ancestry Database Collections
- Hale County, Alabama Military Records