Giles County, Virginia Records
Giles County, Virginia (Map It) was created in January 16, 1806 from Tazewell County, Monroe County and Montgomery County, part of Wythe County added in 1808, parts of Tazewell County added in 1826 and 1836, part of Monroe County, West Virginia added in 1829, part of Mercer County, West Virginia was added in 1841 and part of Craig County was added in 1858. Giles county was named for William Branch Giles, U.S. Senator from Virginia ..
Giles County is bordered by Summers County, West Virginia (north), Monroe County, West Virginia (north), Craig County (east), Montgomery County (southeast), Pulaski County (south), Bland County (west), Mercer County, West Virginia (northwest).
Giles County Cities and Towns include Glen Lyn, Narrows, Pearisburg, Pembroke and Rich Creek, Village of Newport
Giles County, Virginia Courthouse Records
Giles County, VA Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH . Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The Giles County record dates below are from the earliest date to present time. They may include records of land, estates, taxes, vital records, divorces, naturalizations, voter registration, military discharges and court records.
- Giles County Clerk of Circuit Court has Marriage Records from 1806, Land Records from 1806, Court Records from 1806 and Probate Records from 1806.
- Giles County Health Department
- County and City Research in Virginia Guides and Indexes
Giles County, Virginia Census Records
- Learn More: State of Virginia Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1810, 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Giles County, Virginia Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Virginia Vital Records
- Birth & Death Records: from January 1853 to December 1896 and since June 14, 1912 to present. The Virginia Archives has copies of surviving birth and death records for the period 1853 to 1896
- Marriage Records: from January 1853 to present. The Virginia Archives has copies of marriage records prior to 1936.
- Divorce Records: from January 1918 to present.
- Locations: Virginia Office of Vital Statistics, Virginia State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: 2001 Maywill Street, Richmond, Virginia 23230
Giles County, Virginia Resources
- State of Virginia Archives and Societies
- RAOGK Volunteers for Virginia
- New River Notes
- Giles County Historical Society
- Pearisburg Public Library
- Giles County, Virginia Message Boards
- Giles County, Virginia Genealogy Forum
- Giles County microfilmed holdings at The Library of Virginia
- Virginia Heritage - Guides to manuscript and Archival Collections in Giles Co. Virginia
Giles County, Virginia External Links
- Historical Newspapers from Virginia (1784 - 1922 )
- Giles County, Virginia Books - Amazon
- Using County and City Court Records in the Archives at the Library of Virginia
- Virginia County Records, Volume , VI, VII , IX, X The records in these series were compiled as part of a series known as the Virginia County Records . The volume includes wills, land grants, and marriage bonds as well as other miscellaneous information on early Virginia settlers.
- Giles Co., Virginia - FindaGrave
- Giles County, 1806-1956 : a history
- Giles County, Virginia Links - Cyndi's List
- Giles Co. VAGenweb
- Giles County, Virginia Ancestry Database Collections
- Virginia Revolutionary War Units
- Giles County, Virginia Military Records