Sevier County, Utah Records
Sevier County, Utah (Map It) was created on January 16, 1865 from Sanpete County. The county was named for the Sevier River, a 280-mile (450 km) mile river in central Utah.
Sevier County is bordered by Sanpete County (north), Emery County (east), Piute County (south), Wayne County (south), Millard County (west), Beaver County (west).
Sevier County Cities and Towns include Annabella, Aurora, Central Valley, Elsinore, Glenwood, Joseph, Koosharem, Monroe, Redmond, Richfield, Salina, Sevier, Sigurd.
A Map of Sevier County, Utah contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Sevier County, Utah Courthouse Records
Sevier County, UT Courthouse
The Sevier County Courthouse is located in Richfield, Utah. Learn More About State of Utah Court, Tax, Land and Probate Records.
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Sevier county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Sevier County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1887 and Birth / Death Records from 1898–1905. Vital Records are also available from the Central Utah Public Health Department or the State Archives. The County Clerk's responsibilities are to conduct Countywide elections, issue marriage licenses, issue business licenses for the unincorporated county.
- Sevier County Recorder has Land Records from 1885. The County Recorder's duties include Record, store and retrieve land documents in the public record; Assist the public in locating real property parcels on ownership plats; Assist the public in locating records; Record Military Discharges and provide certified copies of these documents at no charge; Sell copies of documents and plats to the public.
- Sevier County Clerk of District Court has Probate Records from 1865 and Court Records from 1865. The County Clerk of District Court duties services include Divorce, Protective Orders, Guardianship and other civil matters.
Sevier County, Utah Census Records
- Learn More: State of Utah Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- State Census and Census Substitutes: 1850-1890
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Sevier County, Utah Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Utah Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from 1905 to present
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from 1978 to present. see County Clerk for earlier records.
- Locations: Utah Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage or Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Utah Office of Vital Records and Statistics, 288 North 1460 West, PO BOX 141012, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-1012
Sevier County, Utah Resources
Sevier County, Utah External Links
- Utah Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Historical Newspapers from Utah (1690 - 1992)
- Sevier County, Utah Books - Amazon
- Sevier Co., Utah - FindaGrave
- Henry Mining District, Sevier County, Utah, 1883-1896
- Sevier County History
- Sevier County, Utah Links - Cyndi's List
- Sevier Co. UTGenweb
- Sevier County, Utah Ancestry Database Collections
- Sevier County, Utah Military Records