Wayne County, Utah Records
Wayne County, Utah (Map It) was created on March 10, 1892 from Piute County. The county was named in honor of Wayne Robinson, the son of Utah state legislator Willis Robinson, who was killed by a horse while both men traveled to a legislative session.Learn More About State of Utah History
Wayne County Cities and Towns include Bicknell, Caineville, Fremont, Grover, Hanksville, Loa, Lyman, Teasdale, Torrey.
A Map of Wayne County, Utah contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Wayne County, Utah Courthouse Records
Wayne County, UT Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Wayne county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Wayne County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1892 and Birth / Death Records from 1898–1905. Vital Records are also available from the Central Utah Public Health Department or the State Archives. The County Clerk's responsibilities are to conduct Countywide elections, issue marriage licenses, issue business licenses for the unincorporated county.
- Wayne County Recorder has Land Records from 1892. The County Recorder's duties include Record, store and retrieve land documents in the public record; Assist the public in locating real property parcels on ownership plats; Assist the public in locating records; Record Military Discharges and provide certified copies of these documents at no charge; Sell copies of documents and plats to the public.
- Wayne County Clerk of District Court has Probate Records from 1892 and Court Records from 1892. The County Clerk of District Court duties services include Divorce, Protective Orders, Guardianship and other civil matters.
Wayne County, Utah Census Records
- Learn More: State of Utah Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
Wayne County, Utah Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Utah Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from 1905 to present
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from 1978 to present. see County Clerk for earlier records.
- Locations: Utah Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage or Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Utah Office of Vital Records and Statistics, 288 North 1460 West, PO BOX 141012, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-1012
Wayne County, Utah Resources
Wayne County, Utah External Links
- Utah Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Historical Newspapers from Utah (1690 - 1992)
- Wayne County, Utah Books - Amazon
- Wayne Co., Utah - FindaGrave
- Wayne County History
- Wayne County, Utah Links - Cyndi's List
- Wayne Co. UTGenweb
- Wayne County, Utah Ancestry Database Collections
- Wayne County, Utah Military Records