Ashland County, Ohio Records
Ashland County, Ohio (Map It) was created on February 24, 1846 from Huron County, Lorain County, Richland County and Wayne County. This county was named for Ashland, home of U.S. Senator from Kentucky Henry Clay.
Ashland County is bordered by Lorain County (north), Medina County (northeast), Wayne County (east), Holmes County (southeast), Knox County (southwest), Richland County (west), Huron County (northwest).
A Map of Ashland County, Ohio contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries. There is a collection of old Ohio maps at MapGeeks.org.
Ashland County Cities and Towns include Ashland, Bailey Lakes, Hayesville, Jeromesville, Loudonville, Mifflin, Perrysville, Polk, Savannah. Other communities include Nankin, Nova, Sullivan .
Ashland County Townships include Clear Creek, Green, Hanover, Jackson, Lake, Mifflin, Milton, Mohican, Montgomery, Orange, Perry, Ruggles, Sullivan, Troy, Vermillion.
Ashland County, Ohio Courthouse Records
Ashland County, OH Courthouse
The Ashland County Courthouse is located in Ashland, Ohio. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Ashland county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Ashland County Clerk of Probate Court has Marriage Records from 1846 and Probate Records from 1846.
- Ashland County Recorder has Land Records from 1846.
- Ashland County Clerk of Court of Common Pleas has Court Records from 1846.
- The Ashland County Health Department has Birth & Death Records from 1908-Present. For birth and death records prior to Dec. 20, 1908, contact the Probate Court of this county.
Ashland County, Ohio Census Records
- Learn More: State of Ohio Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Ashland County, Ohio Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Ohio Vital Records
- Birth Records: from 1908 to present
- Marriage Records: None. See County Probate Court.
- Death Records: from 1954 to present
- Divorce Records: None. See County Clerk of Court of Common Pleas.
- Locations: Ohio Office of Vital Statistics, Ohio Local Health Departments
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
Ashland County, Ohio Resources
- State of Ohio Archives and Societies
- RAOGK Volunteers for Ohio
- Ashland County Chapter, OGS
- Ashland County Historical Society & Museum
- Ashland University Archives
- Greentown Historical Society
- Johnny Appleseed Heritage Center, Inc.
- Mohican Historical Society, 203 E Main St, Loudonville, OH 44842-1214; Phone: (419) 994-4050
- Ashland County, Ohio Message Boards
- Ashland County, Ohio Genealogy Forum
Ashland County, Ohio External Links
- Historical Newspapers from Ohio (1802 - 1970)
- Ashland County, Ohio Books - Amazon
- Ashland Co., Ohio - FindaGrave
- History of north central Ohio
- A history of the pioneer and modern times of Ashland County
- Old keys
- The Military history of Ohio
- Ashland County, Ohio Links - Cyndi's List
- Ashland Co. OHGenweb
- Ashland County, Ohio Ancestry Database Collections
- Ohio Military Records