Wayne County, North Carolina Records
Wayne County Cities and Towns include Brogden, Dudley, Elroy, Eureka, Fremont, Goldsboro, Mar-Mac, MountOlive%2CWayneCounty, Pikeville, SevenSprings, WalnutCreek. A Map of Wayne County, North Carolina contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries. There is a collection of old Ohio maps at MapGeeks.org.
Wayne County Townships include Brogden, Buck Swamp, Fork, Goldsboro, Grantham, Great Swamp, Indian Springs, Nahunta, New Hope, Pikeville, Saulston, and Stoney Creek. View a Map of Wayne County Townships.
Wayne County, North Carolina Courthouse Records
Wayne County, NC Courthouse
The Wayne County Courthouse is located in Goldsboro, North Carolina. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Wayne county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk. Also see the Wayne County Records in the North Carolina State Archives. Some County Courthouse records may have been destroyed in courthouse fire in 1781
- Wayne County Register of Deeds has Birth Records from 1913, Marriage Records from 1790, Death Records from 1913 and Land Records from 1780.
- Wayne County Clerk of Court has Probate Records from 1776, Court Records from 1782 and Divorce Records from call court clerk for details. Probate records include not only wills, but also loose estates records.
- Wayne County Tax Assessor / Collector
- Wayne Co. North Carolina County Health Department
Wayne County, North Carolina Census Records
- Learn More: State of North Carolina Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1790 (incomplete), 1800 (incomplete), 1810 (incomplete), 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820, Census Substitutes Index, 1790-1890
- State Population Schedules: 1784-1787
- Native American Population Schedules: 1894-1913
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Wayne County, North Carolina Vital Records
- Learn More: State of North Carolina Vital Records
- Birth Records: from October 1913 to present
- Marriage Records: from January 1962 to present
- Death Records: from January 1, 1930 to present
- Divorce Records: from January 1958 to present
- Locations: North Carolina Vital Records
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Death, Divorce and Marriage Certificate Applications.
- In Person: North Carolina Vital Records (Cooper Memorial Health Building), 225 N. McDowell St., Raleigh, NC 27603-1382; 919-733-3000
Wayne County, North Carolina Resources
- Wayne County Historical Association
- Old Dobbs County Genealogical Society
- Wayne County Public Library
- Wayne County, North Carolina Message Boards
Wayne County, North Carolina External Links
- Historical Newspapers from North Carolina (1719 - 1977)
- Wayne County, North Carolina Books - Amazon
- Wayne Co., North Carolina - FindaGrave
- A History of Wayne County, North Carolina
- North Carolina Digital Collections
- Wayne County, North Carolina Links - Cyndi's List
- Wayne Co. NCGenweb
- Wayne County, North Carolina Ancestry Database Collections
- Wayne County, North Carolina Military Records
- North Carolina City Directories