Wilson County, North Carolina Records
Wilson County, North Carolina (Map It) was created on 1855 from Edgecombe County, Nash County, Johnston County and Wayne County. This county was named for Louis D. Wilson, a state legislator from Edgecombe County who died of fever at Veracruz during the Mexican-American War.
Wilson County Cities and Towns include Black Creek, Elm City, Lucama, Saratoga, Sims, Stantonsburg, Wilson. A Map of Wilson County, North Carolina contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries. There is a collection of old Ohio maps at MapGeeks.org.
Wilson County Townships include Black Creek, Cross Roads, Gardners, Old Fields, Saratoga, Springhill, Stantonsburg, Taylors, Toisnot, and Wilson. View a Map of Wilson County Townships.
Wilson County, North Carolina Courthouse Records
Wilson County, NC Courthouse
The Wilson County Courthouse is located in Wilson, North Carolina. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Wilson county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk. Also see the Wilson County Records in the North Carolina State Archives.
- Wilson County Register of Deeds has Birth Records from 1913, Marriage Records from 1855, Death Records from 1913 and Land Records from 1836.
- Wilson County Clerk of Court has Probate Records from 1840, Court Records from 1850 and Divorce Records from call court clerk for details. Probate records include not only wills, but also loose estates records.
- Wilson County Tax Assessor / Collector
- Wilson Co. North Carolina County Health Department
Wilson County, North Carolina Census Records
- Learn More: State of North Carolina Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: Census Substitutes Index, 1790-1890
- State Population Schedules: None
- Native American Population Schedules: 1894-1913
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Wilson County, North Carolina Vital Records
- Learn More: State of North Carolina Vital Records
- Birth Records: from October 1913 to present
- Marriage Records: from January 1962 to present
- Death Records: from January 1, 1930 to present
- Divorce Records: from January 1958 to present
- Locations: North Carolina Vital Records
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Death, Divorce and Marriage Certificate Applications.
- In Person: North Carolina Vital Records (Cooper Memorial Health Building), 225 N. McDowell St., Raleigh, NC 27603-1382; 919-733-3000
Wilson County, North Carolina Resources
- Wilson County Genealogical Society
- Wilson Historic Properties Commission
- Wilson County, North Carolina Message Boards
Wilson County, North Carolina External Links
- Historical Newspapers from North Carolina (1719 - 1977)
- Wilson County, North Carolina Books - Amazon
- Wilson Co., North Carolina - FindaGrave
- A History of Wilson County, North Carolina
- North Carolina Digital Collections
- Wilson County, North Carolina Links - Cyndi's List
- Wilson Co. NCGenweb
- Wilson County, North Carolina Ancestry Database Collections
- Wilson County, North Carolina Military Records
- North Carolina City Directories