Washington County, North Carolina Records
Washington County is bordered by Chowan County (north), Perquimans County (northeast), Tyrrell County (east), Hyde County (southeast), Beaufort County (southwest), Martin County (west), Bertie County (northwest).
Washington County Cities and Towns include Creswell, Plymouth, Roper. A Map of Washington County, North Carolina contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries. There is a collection of old Ohio maps at MapGeeks.org.
Washington County Townships include Lees Mill, Plymouth, Scuppernong, and Skinnersville. View a Map of Washington County Townships.
Washington County, North Carolina Courthouse Records
Washington County, NC Courthouse
The Washington County Courthouse is located in Plymouth, North Carolina. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Washington county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk. Also see the Washington County Records in the North Carolina State Archives. Some County Courthouse records may have been destroyed by bombardment in Civil War in 1862. Also other Record losses in 1869 and 1881
- Washington County Register of Deeds has Birth Records from 1912, Marriage Records from 1851, Death Records from 1912 and Land Records from 1779.
- Washington County Clerk of Court has Probate Records from 1795, Court Records from 1815 and Divorce Records from call court clerk for details. Probate records include not only wills, but also loose estates records.
- Washington County Tax Assessor / Collector
- Washington Co. North Carolina County Health Department
Washington County, North Carolina Census Records
- Learn More: State of North Carolina Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1790 (incomplete), 1800 (incomplete), 1810 (incomplete), 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820, Census Substitutes Index, 1790-1890
- State Population Schedules: 1784-1787
- Native American Population Schedules: 1894-1913
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Washington County, North Carolina Vital Records
- Learn More: State of North Carolina Vital Records
- Birth Records: from October 1913 to present
- Marriage Records: from January 1962 to present
- Death Records: from January 1, 1930 to present
- Divorce Records: from January 1958 to present
- Locations: North Carolina Vital Records
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Death, Divorce and Marriage Certificate Applications.
- In Person: North Carolina Vital Records (Cooper Memorial Health Building), 225 N. McDowell St., Raleigh, NC 27603-1382; 919-733-3000
Washington County, North Carolina Resources
Washington County, North Carolina External Links
- Maine Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Historical Newspapers from North Carolina (1719 - 1977)
- Washington County, North Carolina Books - Amazon
- Washington Co., North Carolina - FindaGrave
- A History of Washington County, North Carolina
- North Carolina Digital Collections
- Washington County, North Carolina Links - Cyndi's List
- Washington Co. NCGenweb
- Washington County, North Carolina Ancestry Database Collections
- Washington County, North Carolina Military Records
- North Carolina City Directories