Perquimans County, North Carolina Records
Perquimans County, North Carolina (Map It) was created on 1668 as a precinct of Albemarle County (Originally named as Berkeley Precinct ; renamed Perquimans Precinct about 1681; declared a county in 1739). This county was named for the Perquimans Native American tribe .
Perquimans County Cities and Towns include Hertford, Winfall. A Map of Perquimans County, North Carolina contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries. There is a collection of old Ohio maps at MapGeeks.org.
Perquimans County Townships include Hertford, Belvidere, Bethel, New Hope, Parkville. View a Map of Perquimans County Townships.
Perquimans County, North Carolina Courthouse Records
Perquimans County, NC Courthouse
The Perquimans County Courthouse is located in Hertford, North Carolina. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Perquimans county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk. Also see the Perquimans County Records in the North Carolina State Archives.
- Perquimans County Register of Deeds has Birth Records from 1659, Marriage Records from 1659, Death Records from 1913 and Land Records from 1681.
- Perquimans County Clerk of Court has Probate Records from 1709, Court Records from 1688 and Divorce Records from call court clerk for details. Probate records include not only wills, but also loose estates records.
- Perquimans County Tax Assessor / Collector
- Perquimans Co. North Carolina County Health Department
Perquimans County, North Carolina Census Records
- Learn More: State of North Carolina Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1790 (incomplete), 1800 (incomplete), 1810 (incomplete), 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820, Census Substitutes Index, 1790-1890
- State Population Schedules: 1784-1787
- Native American Population Schedules: 1894-1913
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Perquimans County, North Carolina Vital Records
- Learn More: State of North Carolina Vital Records
- Birth Records: from October 1913 to present
- Marriage Records: from January 1962 to present
- Death Records: from January 1, 1930 to present
- Divorce Records: from January 1958 to present
- Locations: North Carolina Vital Records
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Death, Divorce and Marriage Certificate Applications.
- In Person: North Carolina Vital Records (Cooper Memorial Health Building), 225 N. McDowell St., Raleigh, NC 27603-1382; 919-733-3000
Perquimans County, North Carolina Resources
Perquimans County, North Carolina External Links
- Historical Newspapers from North Carolina (1719 - 1977)
- Perquimans County, North Carolina Books - Amazon
- Perquimans Co., North Carolina - FindaGrave
- History of Perquimans County : as compiled from records found there and elsewhere : abstracts of deeds from 1681 through the Re
- A History of Perquimans County, North Carolina
- North Carolina Digital Collections
- Perquimans County, North Carolina Links - Cyndi's List
- Perquimans Co. NCGenweb
- Perquimans County, North Carolina Ancestry Database Collections
- Perquimans County, North Carolina Military Records
- North Carolina City Directories