Hyde County, North Carolina Records
Hyde County, North Carolina (Map It) was created on 1705 from Bath Precinct as Wickham Precinct. This county was named for Edward Hyde (c. 1650–1712), a governor of colonial North Carolina.
Hyde County is bordered by Tyrrell County (north), Dare County (northeast), Carteret County (south), Pamlico County (southwest), Beaufort County (west), Washington County (northwest).
Hyde County Cities and Towns include Engelhard, Fairfield, Scranton, Ocracoke, SwanQuarter. A Map of Hyde County, North Carolina contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries. There is a collection of old Ohio maps at MapGeeks.org.
Hyde County Townships include Currituck, Fairfield, Lake Landing, Ocracoke, Mattamuskeet and Swan Quarter. View a Map of Hyde County Townships.
Hyde County, North Carolina Courthouse Records
Hyde County, NC Courthouse
Old Hyde County Courthouse
The Hyde County Courthouse is located in Swan Quarter, North Carolina. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Hyde county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk. Also see the Hyde County Records in the North Carolina State Archives. The County Courthouse was destroyed in 1789 & 1827 by fire
- Hyde County Register of Deeds has Birth Records from 1877, Marriage Records from 1742, Death Records from 1877 and Land Records from 1736.
- Hyde County Clerk of Court has Probate Records from 1745, Court Records from 1713 and Divorce Records from call court clerk for details. Probate records include not only wills, but also loose estates records.
- Hyde County Tax Assessor / Collector
- Hyde Co. North Carolina County Health Department
Hyde County, North Carolina Census Records
- Learn More: State of North Carolina Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1790 (incomplete), 1800 (incomplete), 1810 (incomplete), 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820, Census Substitutes Index, 1790-1890
- State Population Schedules: 1784-1787
- Native American Population Schedules: 1894-1913
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Hyde County, North Carolina Vital Records
- Learn More: State of North Carolina Vital Records
- Birth Records: from October 1913 to present
- Marriage Records: from January 1962 to present
- Death Records: from January 1, 1930 to present
- Divorce Records: from January 1958 to present
- Locations: North Carolina Vital Records
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Death, Divorce and Marriage Certificate Applications.
- In Person: North Carolina Vital Records (Cooper Memorial Health Building), 225 N. McDowell St., Raleigh, NC 27603-1382; 919-733-3000
Hyde County, North Carolina Resources
Hyde County, North Carolina External Links
- Maine Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Historical Newspapers from North Carolina (1719 - 1977)
- Hyde County, North Carolina Books - Amazon
- Hyde Co., North Carolina - FindaGrave
- A History of Hyde County, North Carolina
- North Carolina Digital Collections
- Hyde County, North Carolina Links - Cyndi's List
- Hyde Co. NCGenweb
- Hyde County, North Carolina Ancestry Database Collections
- Hyde County, North Carolina Military Records
- North Carolina City Directories