Bertie County, North Carolina Records
Bertie County Cities and Towns include Askewville, Aulander, Colerain, Kelford, LewistonWoodville, Powellsville, Roxobel, Windsor, Merry Hill. A Map of Bertie County, North Carolina contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries. There is a collection of old Ohio maps at MapGeeks.org.
Bertie County Townships include Colerain, Indian Woods, Merry Hill, Mitchells, Roxobel, Snake Bite, Whites, Windsor, and Woodville. View a Map of Bertie County Townships.
Bertie County, North Carolina Courthouse Records
Bertie County, NC Courthouse
The Bertie County Courthouse is located in Windsor, North Carolina. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Bertie county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk. Also see the Bertie County Records in the North Carolina State Archives.
- Bertie County Register of Deeds has Birth Records from 1913, Marriage Records from 1762, Death Records from 1913 and Land Records from 1721.
- Bertie County Clerk of Court has Probate Records from 1728, Court Records from 1724 and Divorce Records from call court clerk for details. Probate records include not only wills, but also loose estates records.
- Bertie County Tax Assessor / Collector
- Bertie Co. North Carolina County Health Department
Bertie County, North Carolina Census Records
- Learn More: State of North Carolina Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1790 (incomplete), 1800 (incomplete), 1810 (incomplete), 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820, Census Substitutes Index, 1790-1890
- State Population Schedules: 1784-1787
- Native American Population Schedules: 1894-1913
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Bertie County, North Carolina Vital Records
- Learn More: State of North Carolina Vital Records
- Birth Records: from October 1913 to present
- Marriage Records: from January 1962 to present
- Death Records: from January 1, 1930 to present
- Divorce Records: from January 1958 to present
- Locations: North Carolina Vital Records
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Death, Divorce and Marriage Certificate Applications.
- In Person: North Carolina Vital Records (Cooper Memorial Health Building), 225 N. McDowell St., Raleigh, NC 27603-1382; 919-733-3000
Bertie County, North Carolina Resources
- State of North Carolina Archives and Societies
- RAOGK Volunteers for North Carolina
- Bertie County, North Carolina Message Boards
Bertie County, North Carolina External Links
- Historical Newspapers from North Carolina (1719 - 1977)
- Bertie County, North Carolina Books - Amazon
- Order Hard Copies of Vital Records
- Bertie County, North Carolina Vital Statistics, 1700s-1920
- Bertie Co., North Carolina - FindaGrave
- History - Bertie County Government
- A History of Bertie County, North Carolina
- North Carolina Digital Collections
- Bertie County, North Carolina Links - Cyndi's List
- Bertie Co. NCGenweb
- Bertie County, North Carolina Ancestry Database Collections
- Bertie County, North Carolina Military Records
- North Carolina City Directories