Randolph County, North Carolina Records
Randolph County, North Carolina (Map It) was created on 1779 from Guilford County. This county was named for Peyton Randolph (c. 1721–1755), the first President of the Continental Congress.
Randolph County is bordered by Guilford County (north), Alamance County (northeast), Chatham County (east), Moore County (southeast), Montgomery County (southwest), Davidson County (west).
Randolph County Cities and Towns include Archdale, Asheboro, Franklinville, Liberty, Ramseur, Randleman, Seagrove, Staley, Trinity, Sophia. A Map of Randolph County, North Carolina contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries. There is a collection of old Ohio maps at MapGeeks.org.
Randolph County Townships include Asheboro, Archdale, Back Creek, Brower, Cedar Grove, Coleridge, Columbia, Concord, Farmer, Franklinville, Grant, Level Cross, Liberty, New Hope, New Market, Pleasant Grove, Providence, Randleman, Richland, Tabernacle, Trinity, and Union. View a Map of Randolph County Townships.
Randolph County, North Carolina Courthouse Records
Randolph County, NC Courthouse
Old Randolph County Courthouse
The Randolph County Courthouse is located in Asheboro, North Carolina. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Randolph county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk. Also see the Randolph County Records in the North Carolina State Archives.
- Randolph County Register of Deeds has Birth Records from 1913, Marriage Records from 1779, Death Records from 1913 and Land Records from 1779.
- Randolph County Clerk of Court has Probate Records from 1773, Court Records from 1772 and Divorce Records from call court clerk for details. Probate records include not only wills, but also loose estates records.
- Randolph County Tax Assessor / Collector
- Randolph Co. North Carolina County Health Department
Randolph County, North Carolina Census Records
- Learn More: State of North Carolina Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1790 (incomplete), 1800 (incomplete), 1810 (incomplete), 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820, Census Substitutes Index, 1790-1890
- State Population Schedules: 1784-1787
- Native American Population Schedules: 1894-1913
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Randolph County, North Carolina Vital Records
- Learn More: State of North Carolina Vital Records
- Birth Records: from October 1913 to present
- Marriage Records: from January 1962 to present
- Death Records: from January 1, 1930 to present
- Divorce Records: from January 1958 to present
- Locations: North Carolina Vital Records
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Death, Divorce and Marriage Certificate Applications.
- In Person: North Carolina Vital Records (Cooper Memorial Health Building), 225 N. McDowell St., Raleigh, NC 27603-1382; 919-733-3000
Randolph County, North Carolina Resources
- Randolph County Genealogical Society
- Randolph County Historical Society, P.O. Box 4355, Asheboro, NC 27204
- Randolph County, North Carolina Message Boards
Randolph County, North Carolina External Links
- Maine Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Historical Newspapers from North Carolina (1719 - 1977)
- Randolph County, North Carolina Books - Amazon
- Randolph Co., North Carolina - FindaGrave
- Reminiscences of Randolph County
- A History of Randolph County, North Carolina
- North Carolina Digital Collections
- Randolph County, North Carolina Links - Cyndi's List
- Randolph Co. NCGenweb
- Randolph County, North Carolina Ancestry Database Collections
- Randolph County, North Carolina Military Records
- North Carolina City Directories