Middlesex County, New Jersey Records
Middlesex County Cities and Towns include New Brunswick, Perth Amboy, South Amboy. Communities include Avenel, Browntown, Brownville, Clearbrook Park, Colonia, Concordia, Dayton, Deans, Fords, Heathcote, Hopelawn, Iselin, Keasbey, Kendall Park, Kingston, Laurence Harbor, Madison Park, Menlo Park Terrace, Monmouth Junction, Old Bridge CDP, Parlin, Plainsboro Center, Port Reading, Princeton Meadows, Raritan Landing, Rossmoor, Sewaren, Society Hill, Whittingham. Historic houses Buccleuch Mansion, Cornelius Low House, Henry Guest House, James Buckelew Mansion, Joyce Kilmer House, Metlar/Bodine House.
Middlesex County Townships include Cranbury, East Brunswick, Edison, Monroe, North Brunswick, Old Bridge, Piscataway, Plainsboro, South Brunswick, Woodbridge. Boroughs include Carteret, Dunellen, Helmetta, Highland Park, Jamesburg, Metuchen, Middlesex, Milltown, Sayreville, South Plainfield, South River, Spotswood.
A Map of Middlesex County, New Jersey contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Middlesex County, New Jersey Courthouse Records
Middlesex County, NJ Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Middlesex county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Middlesex County Clerk has Land Records from 1766 mortgages / 1785 deeds and Marriage Records from 1683. The County Clerk is responsible for land records, including deeds and mortgages, naturalizations, marriages (usually 1795-1840s), and various county court records. A few original county justice of the peace dockets are at the New Jersey State Archives.
- Middlesex CountySurrogate Court / Orphan's Court has Probate Records from 1786 orphans' court minutes / 1804 surrogates' records. The County Surrogate Court / Orphan's Court probates Wills, appoints Administrators, appoints Guardians for minors, handles applications for Adult Incapacitated Persons, Conservatorships, Adoptions, contested Probate matters, Accountings, Trusts and most other matters involving Estates.
- Middlesex County Treasurer is responsible for the collection of taxes.
- New Jersey Department of Health has copies of Birth, Marriage and Death records from 1878 to the present. There is a fee for each copy requested. Birth, marriage, and death records are connected with central life events.
Middlesex County, New Jersey Census Records
- Learn More: State of New Jersey Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1790, 1800, 1810, 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1643-1890
- State Population Schedules: 1895
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Middlesex County, New Jersey Vital Records
- Learn More: State of New Jersey Vital Records
- Birth, Marriage and Death Records: from 1901 to present
- Divorce Records: does not have divorce records. At the Superior Court of New Jersey Records Center
- Locations: New Jersey State Department of Health and Senior Services, New Jersey State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: New Jersey State Department of Health and Senior Services, State Registrar Search Unit, PO Box 370, Trenton, NJ 08625-0370; (609) 292-4087
Middlesex County, New Jersey Resources
- Middlesex County Cultural and Heritage Commission
- Plainsboro Historical Society, 641 Plainsboro Rd Ste A, Plainsboro, NJ 08536; (609) 799-9040
- Metuchen/edison Historical Society
- South River Historical & Preservation Society
- Middlesex County, New Jersey Message Boards
- Middlesex County, New Jersey Genealogy Forum read and post messages with other genealogy researchers for Middlesex County
Middlesex County, New Jersey External Links
- New Jersey Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Historical Newspapers from New Jersey (1777 - 1972)
- Middlesex County, New Jersey Books - Amazon
- New Jersey, Middlesex County Probate Records, 1830-1921
- Inscriptions, cemetery of the First Presbyterian Church of Woodbridge, New Jersey
- Middlesex Co., New Jersey - FindaGrave
- Records of the First Presbyterian Church, Cranbury, N.J., 1744-1891
- Inventory of the church archives of New Jersey
- Index of Jersiana and Perth Amboy
- History of Middlesex County, New Jersey, 1664-1920
- History of Perth Amboy, New Jersey, 1651-1958
- The chronicles of New Brunswick, New Jersey, 1667-1931
- Middlesex County, New Jersey Links - Cyndi's List
- Middlesex Co. NJGenweb
- Middlesex County, New Jersey Ancestry Database Collections
- Compiled Records of the Middlesex County, New Jersey Militia, 1791-1795
- Middlesex County, New Jersey Military Records