Clay County, Missouri Records
Clay County Cities and Towns include Avondale, Birmingham, Claycomo, Ectonville, Excelsior Estates, Excelsior Springs, Gladstone, Glenaire, Holt, Kansas City, Kearney, Lawson, Liberty, Missouri City, Mosby, North Kansas City, Oaks, Oakview, Oakwood, Oakwood Park, Pleasant Valley, Prathersville, Randolph, Smithville, Sugar Creek.
A Map of Clay County, Missouri contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Clay County, Missouri Courthouse Records
Clay County, MO Courthouse
The Clay County Courthouse is located in Liberty, Missouri. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Clay county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Clay County Recorder of Deeds has Marriage Records from 1822 and Land Records from 1822.
- Clay County Circuit Court Clerk / Probate Court Clerk has Probate Records from 1821 and Court & Divorce Records from 1822.
- Clay County Clerk of the Court has Birth & Death Records from 1883-84.
- Clay County Tax Assessor Office is responsible for appraising and assessing real estate property and person property for the purpose of taxation as well as transferring ownership of real estate, and keeping real estate maps up to date.
- Local Records Inventory Database, produced by the Missouri Local Records Preservation Program, is a compilation of inventories of local government records identified as having permanent or enduring value and housed primarily in county and municipal offices, but includes some libraries, museums, and historical and genealogical societies that maintain government records. Not all Missouri offices have been inventoried.
- Clay County Health Department has Birth Certificates since 1920 and Death Certificates since 1980
Clay County, Missouri Census Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1820 (missing), 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820
- State Population Schedules: 1844-1881
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Clay County, Missouri Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1910 to present
- Marriage Records: from July 1948 to present
- Divorce Records: from July 1948 to present
- Locations: Missouri Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, Bureau of Vital Records, Jefferson City, MO 65102, Telephone: 573-751-6387
Clay County, Missouri Resources
- RAOGK Volunteers for Missouri
- Clay County Archives and Historical Library
- Clay County Historic Sites
- Smithville Historical Society
- Thrailkill Genealogical Society, 2018 Gentry, North Kansas City, MO 64116
- Excelsior Springs Historical Museum
- Excelsior Springs Genealogical Society, Excelsior Springs, MO 64024
- Watkins Mill Association, P.O. Box 419038, Kansas City, MO 64183
- Northland Genealogy Society , P.O. Box 14121, Parkville, MO 64152; Phone: (816) 741-3981
- Historic Liberty Jail, 216 North Main Street, Liberty, MO 64068; Phone: (816) 781-3188
- Heart of America Genealogical Society and Library , c/o Kansas City Public Library, 311 East Twelfth Street, Kansas City, MO 64106
- Partee Center for Baptist Historical Studies
- Clay County, Missouri Message Boards
- Clay County, Missouri Genealogy Boards
Clay County, Missouri External Links
- Missouri Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Clay County, Missouri Books - Amazon
- Clay Co., Missouri - FindaGrave
- Clay County Court History
- Guide to Clay County and Municipal Records on Microfilm - Missouri State Archives
- Missouri Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Clay County, Missouri Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Missouri (1808 - 1922)
- Clay Co. MOGenweb
- Clay County, Missouri Ancestry Database Collections
- Clay County, Missouri Military Records