Clark County, Missouri Records
Clark County, Missouri (Map It) was created on December 16, 1836 from Lewis County. The county was named in honor of William Clark (1770-1838), American explorer, soldier, Indian agent, and territorial governor .
Clark County Cities and Towns include Alexandria, Kahoka, Luray, Revere, St. Patrick, Wayland, Wyaconda.
A Map of Clark County, Missouri contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Clark County, Missouri Courthouse Records
Clark County, MO Courthouse
The Clark County Courthouse is located in Kahoka, Missouri. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Clark county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Clark County Recorder of Deeds has Marriage Records from 1836 and Land Records from 1833.
- Clark County Circuit Court Clerk / Probate Court Clerk has Probate Records from 1836 and Court & Divorce Records from 1837.
- Clark County Clerk of the Court has Birth & Death Records from Births 1830-92; Deaths: 1883-92.
- Clark County Tax Assessor Office is responsible for appraising and assessing real estate property and person property for the purpose of taxation as well as transferring ownership of real estate, and keeping real estate maps up to date.
- Local Records Inventory Database, produced by the Missouri Local Records Preservation Program, is a compilation of inventories of local government records identified as having permanent or enduring value and housed primarily in county and municipal offices, but includes some libraries, museums, and historical and genealogical societies that maintain government records. Not all Missouri offices have been inventoried.
- Clark County Health Department has Birth Certificates since 1920 and Death Certificates since 1980
Clark County, Missouri Census Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820
- State Population Schedules: 1844-1881
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Clark County, Missouri Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1910 to present
- Marriage Records: from July 1948 to present
- Divorce Records: from July 1948 to present
- Locations: Missouri Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, Bureau of Vital Records, Jefferson City, MO 65102, Telephone: 573-751-6387
Clark County, Missouri Resources
- RAOGK Volunteers for Missouri
- Clark County Historical Society, P.O. Box 202, 252 N Morgan Str, Kahoka, MO 63445; Ph: (660) 727-1072
- Clark County Historical Museum, 252 N. Morgan St., Kahoka, MO 63445-1433; Ph (660) 727-1072
- Northeast Missouri Genealogical Society
- Sever - Clark County Library
- The Keokuk Public Library
- Clark County, Missouri Message Boards
- Clark County, Missouri Genealogy Forum
Clark County, Missouri External Links
- Daily Gate City Newspaper
- Missouri Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Clark County, Missouri Books - Amazon
- Clark Co., Missouri - FindaGrave
- Guide to Clark County and Municipal Records on Microfilm - Missouri State Archives
- Missouri Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Clark County, Missouri Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Missouri (1808 - 1922)
- Clark Co. MOGenweb
- Clark County, Missouri Ancestry Database Collections
- Clark County, Missouri Military Records